From the PMDG 777 forum:

> "Not happy Jan! The T777 killed my pet mouse. He was in mint condition, running on his little wheel perfect and eating good cheese and then BOOM! after install 777 he dead! "   :rofl:

Love it!    :icon_goodpost:   Ah, coincidence......

The background to this is that in my recently-completed review of the PMDG T7 I was faced with a situation where there have been a number of threads on the PMDG forum complaining of crashes of various sorts (some totally unspecified) which have happened since they installed the T7 (so, by implication, the T7 was "obviously" to blame). Unfortunately, in spite of almost four weeks of very intensive flying of the T7 I hadn't suffered a single crash, so I therefore messed up my fsx configuration in an effort to try and produce one — more I cannot say, since my detailed conclusions are embargoed until Friday 18th. But I think I can hint that I felt that blaming the PMDG T7 was.... unproven.   ;)

But, with the best will in the world, some of the crash complaints were so vague about the actual problem as to render it impossible for anyone to help them. For example —

> "For a while, I was blaming Coatle with the FS Dreamteam sceneries.  But the problem persisted after I removed the FS Dreamteam products along with Coatl.  So my initial assessment on that was incorrect, I think.
But I am not sure that it is even a PMDG problem.  I will need to try several other aircraft.

But I am not even sure that it is an FSX problem.  One of my video editing programs has been doing weird stuff."

Ah yes, the guessing game. He'll no doubt get to the electricity company, or perhaps even his pet mouse, eventually.   :whis:    D'oh.....

You have to feel a certain sympathy with PMDG. Fortunately, I reckon their backs are broad enough.   :P

Cheers,

Bruce

(a.k.a. brian747)

it was the same with the launch of the NGX , However pmdg like all other companies release onto the public a program that is stable enough to get away with, while they sort out the niggles they know about ,plus those that are raised by the geat unclean.

Undoubtably there is some truth in some of the stories which will inevitably be repaired by SP1 to SP3

It is one of the reasons I havent bought it yet because inevitably at least the first or second  rehash will result in a full uninstalll and reinstall and I can do without that grief because no unistallation ever just uninstalls the correct bits it always screws something up that isn't immediately evident , however that goes with the territory :)

I would like to know though does it work in P3D????

Dear PMDG,

I was flying your 737NGX on my computer and was high above the Nevadan desert, when there was an almighty crash.

Could it have been caused by one of your dll files not being read correctly?

Oh! The crash, it was a empty runaway van hitting the parked bin lorry while the men were in the café having a cup of tea.

Could you please help. thank you..

He he, it would be fun to go through the dev forums and collate all the knumbskull comments!!

BTW further to Bruce's comment about his review of the PMDG 777, it will be published the day before the Cosford show and Bruce will at the show to sign copies!!!

He he, it would be fun to go through the dev forums and collate all the knumbskull comments!!

BTW further to Bruce's comment about his review of the PMDG 777, it will be published the day before the Cosford show and Bruce will at the show to sign copies!!!

Yes...the FSX Darwin Awards. :rofl:

With so many conspiracy theorists, doomsayers and naysayers basing assessments, comments and conclusions on illogical and /or flawed assumptions or without any empirical data to support them, hell, it might be hard picking the winners.  In fact, the book of candidates could be published before the winners are even known......no, better make that a multi volume set. :faint:

Now, where to start..... :whis:  :cool:

Cheers

Andrew

<grin>  Ah yes, the life of a developer is indeed a hard one! I'm just happy that I gave it up (except that in those far-off days I was a "programmer") and moved on to tuning very large databases instead — almost entirely on Operating Systems that have a proper security model and no such kludge as VAS.   ^_^

@britfrog

> "Undoubtably there is some truth in some of the stories which will inevitably be repaired by SP1 to SP3"

Absolutely, but at least PMDG are upfront about acknowledging the bugs, and even publishing a list of them (most being, they claim, already fixed in anticipation of SP1). Which is so unlike certain developers we all know whose response to a bug report is a crashing silence (at best).

> "It is one of the reasons I havent bought it yet...."

Ah, there speaks a wise man. And even more — a patient one. Sir, I sincerely congratulate you.

> "I would like to know though does it work in P3D????"

Oops. I may have to be the bearer of bad news, I'm afraid. I have heard that it exits with a comment to the effect that it won't work on that platform. Clearly, PMDG are carrying out their stated policy of not working with P3D owing to the.... unusual? nature of the license conditions for non-professional users.   :wacko2:

@Andrew

> "...it might be hard picking the winners..."

Now there's a dreadful delightful thought. As long as you and I are allowed to decline the dubious honour of being the contest judges, of course......    :yikes:

Cheers,

Bruce

a.k.a. thingummy.....

So are you trying to say that the T7 is not the cause of my pacemaker acting up. :P

No Brett, that's the lady down the street increasing the vibes with her lady toy..   :wow:                                                                                         :woot: