FS2013 Cosford Show - Stand ready to receive visitors!

Great photos.  I'll put some of them on the photo frame.  The baton certainly gets around.

It may be that I'm partially responsible for some of Joe's girth.  He spent almost two weeks in June learning bad habits from me and he was a good student.  Tit for tat, however - - - he's got me on Marmite.

John

.....It may be that I'm partially responsible for some of Joe's girth.  He spent almost two weeks in June learning bad habits from me and he was a good student......

John

I wonder how Lisa goes tightening the girth (cinch) around that bronco.  :P  :D

Cheers

Andrew

Whoa! Is there something amiss here? How can the baton be there with you in the U.K.? Last I heard it was somewhere near Bermuda. Is there more than one baton or did you forget to load it on the plane? :)

Whoa! Is there something amiss here? How can the baton be there with you in the U.K.? Last I heard it was somewhere near Bermuda. Is there more than one baton or did you forget to load it on the plane? :)

A special charter flight collected "The Baton" from me on Santa Maria especially for the Cosford show and then returned it just in time for me to hand it over to Dave to take it on to Bermuda.  No expense is being spared, or so it seems.  :D  :thum:

Cheers

Andrew

A few pics:

Tim listens in disbelief to a punter's question:

b76p.jpg

James moves quickly to get the emergency carbohydrate supply out of sight (and that's Kevin Firth in the cap):

95my.jpg

Joe helps an elderly punter check his lottery results:

qzai.jpg

The museum stacks its exhibits everywhere!

zwyb.jpg

It was a great day!

Cheers,

Bruce

a.k.a. brian747

A special charter flight collected "The Baton" from me on Santa Maria especially for the Cosford show and then returned it just in time for me to hand it over to Dave to take it on to Bermuda. No expense is being spared, or so it seems. :D:thum:

Leave it to Joe! He plans for everything.

Cheers

Andrew

Great set of pic's and commentary. It is nice to see the show, if only from afar and see our residents in their pixilated flesh. The funny thing is, everyone looks just like I pictured them in my minds eye while reading posts. :D  Sounds like the show was a success, congrats to all that made it be. :thum: Hope to see more shots of the show.

btw John, you have a doppelganger here in the US, you look just like my second union business agent. :cool:

Great pics!  The show certainly looked to be lively.  Some lovely aircraft there.  Would love to have been there but I was heading for the Bermuda Triangle and checking out Joanne's Mae Wests...er...flying to Bermuda International...

Kind regards,

Dave

I recognised a few people in the background that you didnt name including the old boy "asking for his lottery results" he is a well decorated war vet, if i remember correctly with whom i have spoken on more than one occasion his name evades me at the moment

the one thing that saddens me is that there is not a lot of youth in evidence , with a few exceptions they are all grey beards and that doesn't bose well for our hobby

I recognised a few people in the background that you didnt name including the old boy "asking for his lottery results" he is a well decorated war vet, if i remember correctly with whom i have spoken on more than one occasion his name evades me at the moment

the one thing that saddens me is that there is not a lot of youth in evidence , with a few exceptions they are all grey beards and that doesn't bose well for our hobby

Nigel, do you mean Peter Doe? We had quite a long chat and he is very knowledgeable about the sim too, he has now joined the forum.

Cheers,

Jow

Looked like a great show and museum. Well done Joe on your stand and to everyone involved in making it happen. :thum:  Looks like this Flight sim is bigger business than i thought. Great pics, wish i could have been there, maybe next time.

Thanks Alan, it was well worth the journey and as far as FSX and flightsim goes, as Supertramp said, "Crisis? What Crisis?" !! There's plenty of life in the old dog yet!

Chers,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally got around to getting my photos from the camera, so here are my photos of the Cosford show.....

Mutely miscreants....

Cosford1.JPG

The guy building the Canbera for Just Flight....

(you can see a picture of me, seated, and my old dad chatting to this guy here:- http://www.justflight.com/articles/flight-sim-2013-photos )

Cosford2.JPG

In the experimental aircraft hanger.....

Cosford3.JPG

Its that Prone Meteor from the guess the aircraft pages.... 

Cosford4.JPG

TSR2, the victim of one of the biggest crimes in British aviation history......

Cosford5.JPG

A thing of technical beauty, posed in a position that comes naturally to this fantastic aircraft...

Cosford7.JPG

Thanks for the pic's James, some great aircraft. Thanks for the view. :)

I start my day with my Mutley's mug and protect it at all costs. There has been a restraining order put in place and the wife needs to stay three feet away at all times. :D