UK2000 Scenery announce VFR Airfields Volume1 - VERSION2!

IMG_18.jpg

UK2000 Scenery announces the release of UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume1 - VERSION2! for FSX.

This version 2 has been updated from the original and now includes more objects, more details, better effects and updated airfields.

It also includes updated ground images adjusted to blend into both Orbx FTX Landclass scenery and Horizon VFR Photographic scenery.

This product has 78 airfields and 1.3GB of models and graphics, it is priced at just £34.99 which is only 44 pence per airfield!

Existing Version 1 users can get this new version for half price (available from there UK2000 account) . 

For more details and hundreds of screenshots please see webpage http://www.uk2000scenery.com/vfrairfields

it would be great if the website could be updated to show what improvements have been made , whatever ftx running off with its tail between its legs must be a great incentive for Gary to up his game

There have been a lot of improvements made, Brit......

* Updated runways, taxiways, and aprons

* Updated parking spots

* Lots of new static aircraft models

* more airport "clutter"

* New terminals and other buildings

* Vastly improved ground markings and lighting at the major airports

* Animated radars and windsocks

* Corrected alignment of grass runway markings

* Compatibility with GenX/VFR Real/ORBx/Default scenery

This is interesting, mainly because of the number of airfields at the price.

Does anybody know if you can exclude individual airfields from the install, I already have some of those on the list from other sources and wouldn't want to add a conflict to them.

This is interesting, mainly because of the number of airfields at the price.

Does anybody know if you can exclude individual airfields from the install, I already have some of those on the list from other sources and wouldn't want to add a conflict to them.

You could on version one, so I would think you can still do on version two..

:)

Yes, you can disable any airfield that you like, John. There is an OPTIONS utility that automates this process. You can even disable animated traffic for individual airfields.

I just wanted to let you know that an additional airfield will be available for GenX and VFR Real photoscenery users with the next update of VFR Airfields Volume 1 Version 2 (due on Sunday evening). This is a version of EGDW RNAS Merryfield. I had always wanted a decent version of RNAS Merryfield, so I decided to build it as part of my contribution to Version 2. George Davison had already created a base runway and taxiway layout, so I modified this to match the GenX photoscenery, and then added the extras like taxiway signs, markings, static objects, SeaKing helicopters, and a rather nice recreation of the Tower "compound". However, Gary does not have a base image for this airfield (because it was not part of the original package), so it will not "fit" with the ORBx or default scenery.

It includes a nice version of the Fire Station (specially built by Gary for this airfield), control tower, animated radar, and even a HMS Heron sign at the front gate!

I hope that photoreal users like this free addition to the package. Runway 09/27 is open for use by user and AI planes.