MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Belgium Complete Country Released!

MSE2-Box-Belgium-148-01.jpg

MegaSceneryEarth continues its expansion into Europe with the first 50cm/pixel source photoreal package released covering the whole of Belgium. Buy and download (or order DVD backup disks) your copy of MSE Belgium right now direct from the publisher - PC Aviator.

Now fly the entire country of Belgium in spectacular photo-real detail - border to border. This is the first time the complete country of belgium has been created in photoreal detail throughout.

Belgium gives you over 11,787 square miles (30,258 square kilometers) of scenery to soar and explore as you make your way into and out of 63 airports. You get the entire country - border to border coverage of historical cities and rich green pastures and meadows and farmland.

Some of the cities and landmarks you'll get to enjoy as you explore Belgium include:

• Cities: Antwerp, Ghent, Charleroi, Liege, Brussels
  • Lakes & Water Bodies: Eau d'Heure, Gileppe, Eupen, Virelles, Butgenbach, Schulens, Donkmeer
  • Mountains & Hills: Signal de Botrange, Weiber Stein, Baraque Michel, Baraque de Fraiture, Mont-Rigi
  • Major Rivers: Muese, Rhine, Yser, Scheldt and Seine

Discover the rest of it all for yourself! There's a LOT to see as you soar and explore the entire country!

This is a download edition with the option to order a DVD disk set (3 discs).

When you order the DVD disk set you will still receive download links. If you do not wish to download, simply wait for your DVDs to arrive in the mail.

NOTE: The screenshots don't even scratch the surface of the scope and expanse of this scenery. Discover it all yourself when you purchase this scenery.

An important thing to note with MegaScenery is that with MegaScenery, framerates are faster than the default artificial scenery. So not only do you get the ultimate in realism but you also get a smoother flying experience.

If you don't like to download, choose the DVD MASTER Option and we'll master a 3 disc DVD set with the software and mail it to you anywhere in the world for just $9.95 - all inclusive. Please note that this is a large download at 9.3 Gb. If you are unsure of the stability of your connection we highly recommend you order the DVD Master Option and you'll receive this area on 3 DVDs.

NOTE: You will download a small zip file that has a html file with links to the 9 files that you will download.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Microsoft Flight Simulator X
  • Any system capable of running FSX
  • 9.3 Gb Hard Drive Space

DOWNLOAD SIZE

• 9.3 Gb -
    Download Time
    50 MBps About 25 Mins
    20 MBps About 1 Hours
    10 MBps About 2 Hours
    5   MBps About 4 Hours
  • NOTE: You will download a small zip file that has a html file with links to the 9 files that you will download.
  • You can install and fly the first while others are downloading. Each file takes around 10 to 30 minutes to download with a broadband connection.
  • If you're not confident with the large download you can order the DVD Master for just $9.95. (3 DVDs). 

MSE-Belgium-9-01.jpg

MSE-Belgium-8-01.jpg

MSE-Belgium-7-01.jpg

MSE-Belgium-6-01.jpg

MSE-Belgium-5-01.jpg

MSE-Belgium-3-01.jpg

MSE-Belgium-2-01.jpg

MSE-Belgium-4-01.jpg

MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Belgium retails for $29.95 for the download version (a little extra for backup DVD option) and can be purchased from:

PC Aviator Australia: http://www.pcaviator...productid=19949

PC Aviator USA: http://www.pcaviator...productid=19949

The problem with the freebies is that it is done using satellite images (Google type).  MSE only use Aircraft photo images being far more detailed. 

I have tried all the freebies and am not impressed, Dumped all the European and Blue-sky, hence check my siggy below. 

Is the UK in the pipeline do you know Dean? I have Gen X but would definitely consider a megascenery replacement. Not too interested in Americas and Belgium though unfortunately - my main course of flights are within UK airspace and Ireland.

Cheers

Jim

Is the UK in the pipeline do you know Dean? I have Gen X but would definitely consider a megascenery replacement. Not too interested in Americas and Belgium though unfortunately - my main course of flights are within UK airspace and Ireland.

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

Yes we have a UK and Wales package coming very soon. I have test flown some of it, and I can tell you, for the most part, the imagery is really good. There are a few bugs relating to photoscenery (that are not new - i.e. some watermasking and colour issues) in the source imagery, but for the most part, this will be a big improvement in resolution and visual quality over existing photoscenery for England/Wales.

Here's an exclusive just for Mutleys forums - the first MSE England/Wales screenshot to be release anywhere! No release date on this as yet, but likley to be weeks rather than several months!

MSE-England1.jpg

Thanks Dean, The colours look great! Will you be planning a release for Scotland in the future? The recently released volumes are IMHO quite poor colour wise and I don't get a very good experience from them :(

Cheers K

Colours are subject to the original imagery in parts. Colour correction can be difficult on massive scales, especially if there are lots of variations in the imagery. England and wales are quite good. There are some different patches with different colour, but for the most part, relatively consistent for a large scale coverage area. The imagery on the whole has good contrast with few (if any) washed out areas.

Thanks Dean, The colours look great! Will you be planning a release for Scotland in the future? The recently released volumes are IMHO quite poor colour wise and I don't get a very good experience from them :(

Cheers K

Colours are subject to the original imagery in parts. Colour correction can be difficult on massive scales, especially if there are lots of variations in the imagery. England and wales are quite good. There are some different patches with different colour, but for the most part, relatively consistent for a large scale coverage area. The imagery on the whole has good contrast with few (if any) washed out areas.

Sorry, I should have made it clear the previous volumes I referred to that I wasn't ecstatic about were the Horizon GenX Scotland Vols, that appear very washed out and faded to me, not any previous mega scenery products. Cheers K

What is the texture resolution and mesh resolution of the England and Wales product, and will it be compatible with ES Treescapes and UK2000 VFR Airfields and airports?

Texture resolution is 50cm/pixel source.

Mesh is default (although with photoreal textures, it makes the mesh look much higher resolution anyway (without the performance hit). Compatibility with other add-ons is not known yet, but like most photoreal, generally most other airport  add-ons will work with it (possibly some blending issues around the add-on airport boundaries, but that is usually the extent of it - and of course any seasonal textures issues) but generally no "hard" compatibility issues that would produce major complications.

Cheers K

Sorry, I should have made it clear the previous volumes I referred to that I wasn't ecstatic about were the Horizon GenX Scotland Vols, that appear very washed out and faded to me, not any previous mega scenery products. Cheers K

Oh sorry, I interpreted your text incorrectly. My fault, although my response holds true potentially for most large scale photoreal scenery products nonetheless. Is Scotland coming out in MSE series? I don't know at this stage. Hopefully!

Dai I will post some pics late tonight or tomorrow

looking at these new pics of the UK the colours look a lot better than generation X if the scenery is as clear or better it must be a winner

Default mesh resolution would be a deal breaker for me. I am used to 5 metre mesh with GenX, and I would not want to lose that. A shame, because 50cm per pixel texture resolution sounds great!

I am using FSDT, Flightbeam and Fly Tampa airports in the USA versions with no problems, so there should not be any with UK2000.. unless someone know better?

Just the normal blending issues with some, but that has to be accepted as I am to busy concentrating on my landings to care..

Will be getting Switzerland and Belgium next and will be using Aerosoft Brussels and the 2 FSDT Swiss, will let you know, but if they work in one then there is nothing stopping them all.. :thum:  

This is the Boston with Fly Tampa airport..

lGoej.jpg

Kevin,

If the GenX mesh works with this new MegaScenery, then I am definitely interested. I just hope that everything works with it. I agree that the colours look more vibrant, and the 50cm per pixel texture resolution would be a very welcome improvement for England and Wales. As usual, I will let you be the guinea pig before I take the plunge :rofl:

You can use any mesh with MegaSceneryEarth that you have, no problem. In fact, pretty much any add-on, whether it be mesh or airport scenery will work fine with photoreal add-ons (but expect some blending issues as mentioned by jaydor above).