Thanks Brett, :thum:  what am i doing wrong. :stars: 

i noticed only the address comes up and not the actual picture. i have posted in the past - MissDemeanor Hunter etc which have always showed up. I notice a copied thing going on now which didn't before.

Thanks for the "editing" anyway. It all a learning curve but going back to school is fun when your intereseted in the subject. Hope you liked your"Barn Entry"

cheers!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's give this a try then..

From my latest ATWC PIREP..

Turning south over lake Titicaca

11-hard-right-turn-at-the-first-waypoint

and from an earlier ATWC PIREP last time we went around the world

Somewhere over Turkmenistan

014-look-my-tail-can-blow-bubbles.jpg

Here are my mooning attempts:

Moon Landing: (Picture was here)

United under the moon: (Picture was here)

Chasing after(burn) the moon: (Picture was here)

Best of luck all.

How on earth did you get such a big moon?  :faint:  I WANT ONE!!! 

First off the moon is not the default FSX moon as that one is way too low res. I replaced the default bmp moon files with a high res one (can find it on most FSX libraries). Then in order to achieve that large moon shot with the 747 silhouetted in front of it, I used the fly-by camera to create a large distant between the camera POV and 747, then simply zoomed in till I got the 747 in full view with the moon zoomed behind it. Not an easy shot and took me close to an hour just to get the shot right, still, came out pretty good.   

First off the moon is not the default FSX moon as that one is way too low res. I replaced the default bmp moon files with a high res one (can find it on most FSX libraries). Then in order to achieve that large moon shot with the 747 silhouetted in front of it, I used the fly-by camera to create a large distant between the camera POV and 747, then simply zoomed in till I got the 747 in full view with the moon zoomed behind it. Not an easy shot and took me close to an hour just to get the shot right, still, came out pretty good.   

Is it my eyes or is the moon a bit of an egg on the right-side?

Ah OK cool - I have the HD moon but obviously not the camera angle - it looks great

whoops! :th_blush: .

sorry Joe, misread it and got carried away, as you can probably tell i needed some help and editing via Brett. :thanks:

I am still new to this :D

i consider myself reprimanded and promise not to do it again :hat:.

regards

Alan 

Ah OK cool - I have the HD moon but obviously not the camera angle - it looks great

So are you telling us that the shot is a major editing exercise?

More like major time spent fussing with trajectories to get a flyby lined up just right (OMG...HOW did you manage that.  I tried for 20 minutes and gave it up as hopeless. Salute to your patience Sir:  o7 )

I also replaced my moon textures with the HD versions...ty for that tip Soya!...so much nicer to look at in game.

I revised one of my earlier attemts in this thread, but it is way to dark, need PS badly for my new computer. Also added a new one of a f-23 landing at my Angwin Base in N.Cal. What an amazing airplane.

No, I think you may have misunderstood. Nothing is edited in that shot, its a straight captured shot from FSX with no post editing. I was saying the moon is not the default FSX moon as the default is way too low res. Just an addon to show a higher res bitmap moon so when zooming in, it still looks like a moon. Then simply a lot of patience to get the shot right with the flyby camera which is one of the default FSX camera views.