Newbie here...

Hello fellow Captains,

I'm planning to buy this acclaimed addon. But since I wish to use it with a selected number of FSX aircraft only (my personal favourites in terms of realistic modeling and simulation), I'd like to get your opinion on:

1) AH compatibility with:

A2A aircraft, and specifically the C172 Trainer ->> EDIT: Found an interesting discussion here.

RealAir aircraft

SibWings An-2

Aerosoft Twotter DHC-6

Aerosoft Beaver

2) Any other caveats I should be aware of before buying AH?

If anyone flies one or more of these birds, you're welcome to leave your comments... Thank you!!!

Well if you want my opinion then here it is...

BUY IT NOW!!! You will not regret it buddy

Most addons work well with Air Hauler - some you may have to tweak your settings to not auto-load the aircraft and you do it manually and then activate Air Hauler once your at the airport and loaded up. Not as hard as it sounds trust me :)

This addon gives purpose to your flights and gives a freshness to the sim. 

I have tried the A2A 172 and it worked fine apart from the cargo weight - as the 172 has its own loader where people are loaded in you are limited to how much weight you can put on the plane. This would not stop you using it as air hauler does not care too much about cargo weight in the sim - mainly fuel weight and that worked for me. 

Obviously without having the correct cargo load in the sim removes some of the realistic elements but once again gives you a purpose to fly the 172 :)

Other planes Air Hauler can autoload fuel and cargo no bother and it literally is just a few clicks in Air Hauler and you are sat at the gate waiting to go. 

I currently have the Aerosoft Twotter DHC-6 in Air Hauler - located at Darrington Muni 1S2 airport. It is a great plane to use in Air Hauler.

Another great starter plane is the Carenado 182RG II - start a company using the most difficult setting (career) and then sell the first plane you get given (I think it is either the 172 or Caravan) then buy the 182RG - you will be in minus figures for a little bit but soon make it up and away you go. Once again super plane for Air Hauler.

My company has the following...

1 x Aerosoft Twotter DHC-6

2 x Quality Wings 757 

1 x Quality Wings Avro100

Hope this is of some help mate.

Jim 

As UK Jim says, most aircraft work OK in AH right out of the box.  If one gives you trouble you can usually find some help here or at the Just Flight forums.  The one exception I'm aware of is the newly released Majestic DH Dash 8.  It's developer goes outside the FS engine and uses different simulation software for the flight dynamics.  Because of that, FSUIPC is out of the picture and other add-ons that need to get data from the simulator by way of FSUIPC are left out in the cold.  That includes AirHauler.

John

Twin Otter X and Beaver work just fine in AH. I've used the amphibious version of the Beaver in the PNW because there are also a number of water landings available there and had a blast (especially when I ran into a dock on a bad landing). As UKJim says, you can't go wrong with AH. It's a brilliant add-on. You get a lot of flying, a bit of management fun, and some seriously good times. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards,

Dave

Hi,

After flying the sim for so may years starting with the Sublogic days, I was starting to lose interest. Buying Air Hauler was the best thing to ever happen to me with respect to flying the sim. It gave me a new purpose and got me flying again. Air Hauler relit the enjoyment and pleasure of flying. I forgot who it was who recommended Air Hauler to me....I think it was John over at the JustFlight forums....but I am very grateful to whomever it was. There are so many ways to tailor Air Hauler to whichever direction your imagination wants to go.

Most importantly, it is fun :)

Welcome to the world of Air Hauler.

Nice - well don't forget to post your adventures in the AH forum - which reminds me my company is probably going down the pan hehe I have not loaded my hired help with work for a while and also with all this painting going on I have not had chance to fly either. 

Maybe get some in later - get in the twotter :)

Thank you, Sir!

Just completed my first successful flight from Petersburg to Juneau. It's 6:30am here...

My bird's sitting on the ramp while I'm unloading fresh Petersburg poultry delivered for Juneau's gourmet restaurants and trying to cheer up a poor guy behind the scales who ain't happy freezing his ass on the ramp just because he gotta share a company of a Petersburger freight dog waiting for a forklifter boy to pick stinky meat up to his truck...  :D

• 3 weeks later...