Show us your FS setups (Post here)

I will start the topic off:

I am lucky to have my own sim-room.  The system has been a build up of over 5 years FSXing and just about happy now:

Main set up:

LA2x.jpg

Main screen's views:

TZhUY.jpg

Second computer networked using Aviasoft EFB and internet Sky Vectors for plates:

P5IN3.jpg

Networked screen showing Electronic Flight Bag and Sky Vectors Dulles departure plate:

AltcH.jpg

To keep up with it all, I'm still wanting..  rolleyes.gif  :hat:   :pilotic:

:wow:

I have nowhere near the assortment of hardware you have James! is that 2 x  29" LG screens you have now?!

Unfortunately my desk is primarily set up for forum and web admin and I have to swap in and out the various throttles and yokes I have.

I Will get a shot up as soon as I can of the MH nerve centre , another thing we have in common is the MH Happy Shopper quality mouse mat we both have! Perhaps I should offer them out with the mugs and tee shirts etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what our members are using.

Cheers,

Joe

I am certainly the poor relation  with a pair of mediocre 22" screens and a joystick recently augmented with Patrico's generous donation of a saitek rudder pedal setup , however the 400watt Altec Lansing sound system rocks as it gets the neighbours looking for low flying a/c let alone the odd unadvertised Pink Floyd concert, but hey, the view aint that bad! these hills top out at 3,500 feet ASL and are covered in snow today Yechhh!!

view.jpg

great looking set up.    i like it.   :hat:

I will start the topic off:

I am lucky to have my own sim-room.  The system has been a build up of over 5 years FSXing and just about happy now:

Main set up:

LA2x.jpg

Main screen's views:

TZhUY.jpg

Second computer networked using Aviasoft EFB and internet Sky Vectors for plates:

P5IN3.jpg

Networked screen showing Electronic Flight Bag and Sky Vectors Dulles departure plate:

AltcH.jpg

To keep up with it all, I'm still wanting..  rolleyes.gif  :hat:   :pilotic:

> 400watt Altec Lansing sound system rocks as it gets the neighbours looking for low flying a/c let alone

Superb Nigel, I must admit the Acoustimass module in my Bose system makes the windows rattle! Luckily my neighbour is a bit hard of hearing!  :dance3:

> 400watt Altec Lansing sound system rocks as it gets the neighbours looking for low flying a/c let alone

Superb Nigel, I must admit the Acoustimass module in my Bose system makes the windows rattle! Luckily my neighbour is a bit hard of hearing!  :dance3:

Uh? :scare:

James, you've got a great setup. Mine's a bit more modest as I haven't taken it as seriously as some of you lot.. yet.

It does not matter how your set up looks and it is not about showing off, remember we all started with a very modest set up.  Mine was Keyboard and mouse.

So do not be afraid to show yours, as maybe within a few years your set up will match your addiction enjoyment and you will be able to look back..  :thum:

Below is a photo of my FS rig.

I run 2 PCs, a main PC FS and a Secondary PC that carries Plan G and Web site that I use while flying.

The second PC powers the top screen whilst the maim FS PC used the remaining 5 screens through a dual-head for the bottom two, and a triple head for the main screens..

I run seven switch panels, one moving map panel, a warning lights panel, two throttle sets,a yoke, Rudder pedals, trackIR and on my rudimentary centre console, a keyboard and a trackball.

I have five panels that are home made. three switch panels and a warning lights panel the run off two Arduino Mega boards and one moving map panel that is made out of a disassembled android phone.

My other kit is all Saitek as are the mounts for the home made panels.

JGRig.JPG      

The plan is to get another two Saitek instrument panels to sit on top of the yoke in the short term and on a longer term basis to replace the triple head screens with a 40 inch screen.

Like the setup Diverone !

Just wondering what markings you have on the left of your throttle quads?

Also, do you use fsuipc and a lua to control your trim wheel? I use a lua but just curious to know what others do..never too old to learn anew trick ;-)

Minx

the marking on the  TQ is just a sticker that shows  flaps increments. i use one of this for the flaps.... and i dont use fsuipc to control the TW....  cheers

Like the setup Diverone !
Just wondering what markings you have on the left of your throttle quads?
Also, do you use fsuipc and a lua to control your trim wheel? I use a lua but just curious to know what others do..never too old to learn anew trick ;-)
Minx

@John

That's Avliasoft EFB (communicating with fsx over the LAN). It helps with the planning process too — even though PFPX is groovy, nothing beats EFB for being able to visually select your STAR and Approach. Then you get the automagically-updating moving map that also adjusts to your phase of flight (so you get the airport and taxyways when you're on the ground, descent profile and ILS on the approach, the works). It renders the charts from your current Navigraph AIRAC data, so you can kiss goodbye to paper charts (and to paying for them!). Aivlasoft used to (still might?) do a fairly generous 30-day trial period, too.....

If you are thinking of sending a message to Santa, tell him to point his browser here — http://www.aivlasoft.com/products/efb/ — for more details.   ;)

Cheers,

Bruce

(a.k.a., the other one).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John!

(Apologies for the delay in replying, but life has been manic around here for the last couple of weeks).    :huh:

It's not expensive when you factor in not having to buy any more Navigraph charts: I reckon mine paid for itself in about a year on that basis alone.   :P    And once you've seen it in action helping you to select your STAR and Approach, you'll wonder how you ever did without it. (That's probably why Urs gives you a generous 30 days to evaluate it — he knows you'll be hooked after that, so be warned.....).

Just my 2ȼ (or the equivalent in local currency).   ^_^

Cheers,

Bruce/Brian

• 4 months later...