FSX has froze on me twice today, once with no reason why and then a Blue Screen with something about memory came up.

I've run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and all was fine. Could this be a overheating issue or something to do with my RAM voltages?

Thanks,

- Paul

It could still be memory issues. Download memtest86 and load it on to a USB stick. Then boot your machine from the USB and run the software. It checks the memory without involving windows. I suffered something similar last month and me test correctly diagnosed a damaged 8gb module. A quick return from corsair and I'm back to full memory. :).

Best wishes,

Jess B

Paul,

Have you modified your fsx.cfg file with HIGHMEMFIX=1 under the [GRAPHICS] section?

If not, this also fixes graphics / memory problems.

Cheers

Andrew

Yes, I have modified my .cfg file and still have these issues.

It could still be memory issues. Download memtest86 and load it on to a USB stick. Then boot your machine from the USB and run the software. It checks the memory without involving windows. I suffered something similar last month and me test correctly diagnosed a damaged 8gb module. A quick return from corsair and I'm back to full memory.  :).

Best wishes,

Jess B

I'll have a crack at your idea, Jess. 

Thanks!