Limit jobs to a single country

Captains,

The title says it all - really, is it possible?

The US is big and a single job 200nm away from the base is not a big deal. But there are countries such as Norway or Switzerland which you can easily fly from one end to another in a couple of hours and even in C172. 

On the other hand, it seems more real to me for a startup hauler to make flights within the base country first, and some time later to extend the services to neighboring countries.

I tried to make distances shorter through Options but since my base (ENHA) is not far from the border, some of the jobs are reaching the territory of Sweden anyway.

Any advice how I can make AH to get me right?

Thanks!

Thank you, John! I guessed that too... but I can live with that. :) Will accept jobs within my base country for now but am gonna ask Duncan to take a note before he releases version 2. Dunno if it's been added to his Wish List already though...

Thanks!!!

Just come visit us in Sweden Victor...

We're a nice bunch..  ;)

Oh, and if you are flying in Norway, beware if you get a job going to ENRA.. That's one tricky airport to get into...

Setting up shop far enough from a border and then setting your aircraft "set details" ranges *might* keep you within your proffered borders. Other than that, just ignore jobs you don't wish to carry. A "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service" placard is standard issue on all of our job boards. :)

We're a nice bunch..   ;)

Oh, and if you are flying in Norway, beware if you get a job going to ENRA.. That's one tricky airport to get into...

Lol... :) Yeah, you got my number. Indeed, since my base is in Hamar, I got tons of svenska assignments anyway ... 

And btw, ENRA sounds good after what I saw on a downwind to rwy23 Petersbourg (PAPG) under a snowy stormy evening a couple of weeks ago... :P Brrrr....

brett, on 10 Dec 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

What are you carrying that you don't want to cross borders, afraid the jail time will be longer or that extradition takes to long?  :P

Smuggling a few buckets of Baltic caviar through the Swedish border (originally planned DCT St.Petersbourg, Russia)... Hope Mike doesn't read this...  :)

As you're aware it's not possible.

It's also not currently on the AH2 feature list, but I will consider it.  But there are several issues with doing that which the player might not appreciate then inadvertently blame AH2.

i) Add-on scenery is terrible for including correct country/state information - half the time, the country name is set to the author name!  That makes doing it with add-on scenery very problematic.

ii) Some of the smaller/less developed countries don't have enough airports, or geographic area to create variety, or even create jobs - i.e. airport size set to max in a 3rd world small country with only one large airport.

iiI) The Schengen area - as you'll be aware, with the exception of the UK, you can fly between any European (mostly) country without customs as you're within the Schengen area, so limit flights to within say Holland would be totally unrealistic, and if you don't think I wouldn't get hauled through the mill on something like that - think again!

iv) The US - it's one country, so that's never going to work, and it wouldn't work (or be reasonable) at state level.

So, it's not all easy sailing!

Cheers,

D.

Duncan,

Thank you for your contribution and detailed explanation! As a developer myself, I do understand the challenges you're facing - this is just to make sure that I won't be the player blaming AH2. :)

What you'd achieved so far with AH1 is already a blessing for our community!

Thanks!

We're a nice bunch..   ;)

Lol... :) Yeah, you got my number. Indeed, since my base is in Hamar, I got tons of svenska assignments anyway ... 

And btw, ENRA sounds good after what I saw on a downwind to rwy23 Petersbourg (PAPG) under a snowy stormy evening a couple of weeks ago... :P Brrrr....

brett, on 10 Dec 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

What are you carrying that you don't want to cross borders, afraid the jail time will be longer or that extradition takes to long?  :P

Smuggling a few buckets of Baltic caviar through the Swedish border (originally planned DCT St.Petersbourg, Russia)... Hope Mike doesn't read this...  :)

PAPG does look a bit like ENRA, and flying there with snow coming down must be a nightmare  ;)

What caviar?? Didn't see a thing.. (just drop a few cans on my porch when you go to St.Petersbourg next time  :whis: )