FTX Global Freeware Airports NA Packs 6 (Hawai'i)

Orbx have released FTX Global Freeware Airports NA Pack 6 (Hawai'i).

The pack contains the following 10 airports:
  • PHBK, Barking Sands Airport, Kekaha;
  • PHDH, Dillingham Airfield, Molkuleia;
  • PHHN, Hana Airport, Hana;
  • PHJH, Kapalua Airport, Kapalua;
  • PHJR, Kalaeloa (John Rodgers Field), Kapolei;
  • PHKO, Kona International, Kailua;
  • PHLI, Lihue;
  • PHMK, Molokai Airport, Molokai;
  • PHMU, Waimea Kohala Airport, Kamuela; and
  • PHNY, Lanai Airport, Lanai.

The airport pack can be downloaded here.

Cheers

Andrew

seems that due to the lack of interest in the public buying the uk scenery  we have dipped out in having some more stuff produced for us.

Orbx produce scenery for all parts of the world.  Not surprisingly, some of their developers have special interest areas.  In this case. the developer of the FTX Global Freeware Airport series, Neil Hill, is a resident of Lynnwood, Washington, USA, and it appears he has a special interest in producing freeware airports to support the FTX Global product in geographical areas which have yet to see a major commercial focus by Orbx.  This freeware airport series also complements the existing FTX: NA region series.

There is a similar freeware range produced to support the original FTX Australia series.

Every release in the detailed FTX; EU region series, i.e. England, Scotland, Wales, etc, has a large number of enhanced airport scenery included in the package.  The detailed airport series further adds to that range.

Maybe Orbx are just spreading it around so the larger number of flight simmers that exist in the rest of the world can appreciate their work and take advantage of something for free.

But then again, hey, it's 2014, a new year, so why should anything change.

Do I need ORBX for this, or is it standalong?

George,

Not wanting to put a finer point on it, but Orbx is a company, not a product.  They produce a range of products of which FTX Global is but one.

As the name implies, the FTX Global Freeware Airports Series is produced for the FTX Global product.  However, as FTX Global is primarily a texture replacement product, theoretically, there is no reason why the airports shouldn't work without it, noting there will be some major texture mismatches.  The only other potential issue will be terrain mesh related issues as the FTX Global Freeware Airports Series is produced based on a specific terrain mesh product.

Cheers

Andrew