Lionheart Creations - Piper Pacer 180

banner.jpg

Lionheart Creations - Piper Pacer 180

The Piper pacer was the 4 seat replacement for the Piper J3 - Cub it started out as a tail dragger and evolved into a float plane, bush plane and finally ended with tricycle gear.

This package from Lionheart Creations brings you all those variations Read On to read my appraisal 

Bought the Kodiak by LH, early last year. Had a lot of problems getting it to respond in a proper manner. So much so I have stopped trying to use it. A great shame as I love Bush flying and it looks gorgeous. Maybe one day I shall blow the dust off and try again.

Good read Joe, appreciate the details you have given. :thum:

I have been on the fence, looking to pick this one up. Now I have more info to go by, the gauge readability on the older models don't bother me as much as the sound being aliased to a default AC, a big minus in my book. At he same time you get many models, a big plus. Darn it, at 30 bucks, I'm still stuck on the fence. :D

Are you sure that the Pacer series uses the FSX default Maule sounds?  I have the Pacer and tried it briefly, and I thought it sounded different than the Maule.  Guess I'll have to try it again and see.

Hi Jim, great to have you aboard Sir!

A quote straight from LHC here http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Piper_Pacer.html

Question:  Does this feature its own Soundpack or does it use a stock Soundpack?

Answer: Yes and no.  We use the brilliant Maule soundpack for this package.  The Maule has the best choice 

for engine and prop sounds, we believe.  We also have installed in this package the newest version of the 

LHC sound package which now has the sound library buit into the aircrafts folder, so you will have effects and 

click sounds as well.

So, referring to the engine sounds (as I was!) the Maule it is. Actually the sounds are very good, but not original.

Cheers,

Joe

Welcome to the site Jim. :)

Well they both used a Lycoming engine so they should sound somewhat close, I would think. The only difference is the Pacer was running around 160hp and the M7 Maule was closer to running at around 235hp.