fsx with Saitek yoke, windows 8.1 controller losing connection

Anything new on this connection lost to saitek yoke with fsx and windows 8.1?  Have tried basically everything on the internet to no avail.  Even bought registered version of fsuipc but it will not recognize the saitek yoke.

Hi Larry,

Sadly this is such a wide spread problem and I have not seen a definitive answer. I must admit I do not use Win 8, I specified Win 7 for my latest machine.

Perhaps setting up a dual boot system could be the answer? Not ideal but FS is more important to me than the lasted version of Windoze.

Good luck with your quest, I hope someone comes up with the answer.

Joe

Hi I concur with Joe 8.1 is a freeking nightmare I have it on one of my hard drives and have tried to use fsx on it but it is just rubbish and does not free up enough VAS to be able to use a decent plane like PMDG make, plus good scenery like ftx. On behalf of another member here I contacted Saitek as he had the same problem, they know of the problem and are trying to make new 8.1 drivers for their equipment, however if I were you cut your losses and go back to win 7 because even if saitek do make good drivers you still cannot run FSX on 8.1 like you can on 7

Is there a way in Win8 to run the FSX and other programs using an earlier version of their operating platforms. One could always do this in win7 and past versions. To troubleshoot compatibility problems manually for a program, right-click the program icon, click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab. Worth a shot. 

Hi Larry, welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

This is just a thought, have you got your yoke plugged into a usb2 or usb3 port?

A lot of Saitek equipment only work through usb2.

Good luck, if that doesn't work, then I also agree with the guys above, go back to windows 7.

Let us know how you get on.

Brian

Just a stab in the dark, but if you're using an un-powered USB hub for FS controllers, it might be worthwhile to try a powered hub. I doubt that this would be a complete solution but might eliminate one possible source of problems/instability.

John

I think that Win-Whatever-Comes-Next will be available before they deep-six support for Win7, but they'll stop selling it long before that. That will particularly be the case for selling to OEMs because they depend on them to get their latest and greatest a big bite of market share soon after release of a new OS.

Though they quit selling it a long time ago, support for XP isn't being withdrawn until April of this year.

John

Personally, im dreading the day when MS drop Win7 support and only throw all their eggs in with Windows (Hate)8...sounds like a piece of garbage and nothing but trouble to any FSX user :(

Its their way of retaliating at those pesky FSX simmers for crushing Flight. :P

Flight pretty much crushed itself.

John

You're right there John. It didnt need much help either.. who wants to fly 2 planes in a limited area devoid of any life ?(yawn). Even crashing was boring.

Cant believe that the MS guys misunderstood their target market (and existing fan base) so appallingly, but then again they did force Windows h8 on the unsuspecting world.

Sounds like the only good thing about it was that it was free.

Cant believe that the MS guys misunderstood their target market (and existing fan base) so appallingly, but then again they did force Windows h8 on the unsuspecting world.

You have only got to look at a typical FSX install to get into MS's mindset:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\...

What on earth made them think it was a game? doh4.gif

Haha.

I'm kinda glad it's a game, if not, when we would crash our planes we would burst into flames and die. :P

Just as well some bright spark added the Realism settings tab so we could choose to black out with too many Gs, blow up the engine once in a while and not do a 'Tigger' impression when we'd overcooked the descent rate - makes for a more challenging flight (my huz hates it though) ;)

Haha.

I'm kinda glad it's a game, if not, when we would crash our planes we would burst into flames and die. :P

That would take simulation too far.  Not so good for sales I think!

"Cant believe that the MS guys misunderstood their target market (and existing fan base) so appallingly, but then again they did force Windows h8 on the unsuspecting world."  (hlminx)

The good thing is that in both cases nobody forces you to install it...    ;) 

The good thing is that in both cases nobody forces you to install it...    ;) 

Unless you buy a new PC.....

I just bought a new PC end of 2013 and installed Windows 7 64 right away ! You have the choice of removing Windows 8 and install Windows 7 instead or you can also make a dual boot if there is something special you need in Windows 8 (might be some good things may be ?)

You even have the choice of buying a new PC without OS and install it yourself (which I did...) 

• 2 weeks later...

You even have the choice of buying a new PC without OS and install it yourself (which I did...) 

If you buy from a major retailer you don't get this option in the UK.  Perhaps for a bespoke PC you would but not for a 'off the shelf' one.

• 1 month later...

alot of people are saying go into power options and set usb to never suspend, i had installed windows 8 today but didn not discover trying it because i was already pissed and used a system image back to windows 7, i have tried going to windows 8 at least 10 times since it was released and i just can't warm up to it, it sucks period,but fsx will probably be long gone when windows 7 support ends.

Windows 8 was MS's way of getting back at the FSX'ers for not supporting Flight. :P  I think FSX still has a lot of life in it, I'm thinking of buying a backup win7 OS just in case I will need to set up a dedicated system for it.