Ulimate Terrain X - Europe review

A great review Joe. I certainly got my use out of the 2004 version but am torn between the many photoreal packages and using overall coverage by UTX. I may be wrong and if you mentioned it i'm sorry but in your review did you use a mesh ? Mostly i find FSX to be better in the mesh department than FS9 but still too flat for my liking. One problem i had with the 2004 FS global mesh was lakes in norway 100' in the air which is really off putting. Where as i have a fantastic freeware mesh for the alps with no such problems. So was just wondering if you had used one along side UTX and what its like.

Cheers...

steve

Hi Steve,

I am only using the default mesh, I haven't tried it with ny thing else, they do say that it should be ok with 3rd party mesh.

I did find that it didn't work at all well with German Airfields Island hopping but it is early days and Scenery Solutions say they are working with 3rd part developer on compatibility. It's very easy to disable if you do get that problem. Thinking about it, so long as you put it just above your default scenery and below anything else it should be ok.

Cheers

Another Master-stroke, Joe - as John says: an excellent review - thanks for posting it on The Hangar. :cool:

When I get time to stray from the U.K., and Horizon's VFR-X, I'll be putting UT-X on my wish list for sure!

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

I did find that it didn't work at all well with German Airfields Island hopping but it is early days and Scenery Solutions say they are working with 3rd part developer on compatibility.

When the original program came out there was a number of patched released for incompatable scenery programs. Obviously not every one can be covered, but all the majors were.

And im surprised Flight 1 do not have an Ultimate Terrain Mesh....(or at least an adapted version of FS Global)