Hi all.  I have just bought FSAddon's Fiesler Storch and having some problems with it.

When I load it up, after a few minutes, my PC starts to ping, as if there is a serious message box appearing.  However there is no message box to be seen anywhere.  The next this that happens is I get a message saying that the PC is out of memory, and that is the end of FSX.

Has anyone got this aircraft?  if so did you have any issues?

J

Hi John,

I don't have the Storch installed at the moment but never had any memory issues, are you running it in heavy scenery?

I will reinstall my version and try again, where did yours come from? Aerosoft or FS-Addons?

Cheers,

Joe

Don't worry about the Storch, It seems to be a more general issue.  It is happening on other aircraft as well.

FSX is driving me crazy at the moment.  I have spent the last month trying to do a fresh install and every time i have issues.I have even stripped my PC down and re-installed Windows & upward twice now. BangHead.gif

I have had the bouncing FSX issue,with my first install and now the memory issues.  This one is very weird though. This strange pinging as if a message is being produced, but there is no message, over and over again. Then I get an FSX memory error and have to restart FSX. I get to start up and taxi a few yards and then the pinging of doom starts.  

What is really weird is that if i run the memory monitoring tool in windows, I have plenty of memory. If i shut down FSX then the pinging of doom stops. The only things that are different to my previous install is I am using FS Global 2010 could this be the issue?

Its looking like a re-install of FSX again. crybaby2.gif

When you are rebuilding your FSX.  Are you loading all up in one install or are you spreading the uploads out over say a week or two?

Are you also using the latest UIA file in the D/L section, as it is very important to use the correct one.  The one in the D/L section is the one ACES team used to build FSX.  Version number: 6.0.5840.16386

Also are you increasing your Virtual memory from a system managed one to one set higher yourself?

Are you also and this is very important.  Re-booting the computer and then running FSX after each install of a add-on before you add another?

Are you using a separate drive/disk or partition for FSX?

Another very important thing is you must use the FSX install disk's to uninstall.  You must first uninstall acceleration with the use of it's disk, then FSX using the install disk.

The reason you must do it this way, is it removes the registry files also.  If you do it any other way then the registry is still left and the new install gets confused and that cause most problems within FSX. 

I did answer your Bouncing planes issue in the other query you raised..

Thanks Jaydor for your advice.

I plan to uninstall everything and try again.

in answer to the above:

When you are rebuilding your FSX.  Are you loading all up in one install or are you spreading the uploads out over say a week or two? I am building the install of FSX, adding Pilots Global 2010 and Orbx global. I also add a few utilities as well such as EZDOK, and FSUIPC. I have done this all at one go.  The rest I will be building up over time.

Are you also using the latest UIA file in the D/L section, as it is very important to use the correct one.  The one in the D/L section is the one ACES team used to build FSX.  Version number: 6.0.5840.16386  I haven't a clue as to where I would find this information and how to make changes to the install if needed. Some advice on this would be useful.

Also are you increasing your Virtual memory from a system managed one to one set higher yourself? No but that seems like a good idea.I will try this as soon as possible.

Are you also and this is very important.  Re-booting the computer and then running FSX after each install of a add-on before you add another? Not rebooting, but I do run FSX after each install. 

Are you using a separate drive/disk or partition for FSX? No, although I do put FS Global; 2010 on a separate partition, and FSX and it related programs live with and Windows 7 and nothing else much.

Another very important thing is you must use the FSX install disk's to uninstall.  You must first uninstall acceleration with the use of it's disk, then FSX using the install disk. With the two installs I have done this month I went back to a formatted drive so everything was blitzed.  I dont plan to do this for the next install, but will uninstall from the disks as you describe.

The reason you must do it this way, is it removes the registry files also.  If you do it any other way then the registry is still left and the new install gets confused and that cause most problems within FSX. 

I did answer your Bouncing planes issue in the other query you raised..  Yes thanks for that.  I cured the bouncing issue with a formatted HDD and total rebuild. this second total rebuild hasn't worked out.