Hi!

I am really disappointed because even after a defrag, I am getting very few FPS in FSX. With Aerosoft London Heathrow installed, Ultimate Terrain X Europe and the default 747 (Everything is at Ultra High, excepts "Scenery" which is Medium Low. Also, LEns Flare and Light bloom are off) I am getting only 5-20 FPS!

This starts to be getting on my nerves.

What should I do to boost the perfomance?

Thank you

Personally I'm not so sure about the recommended settings posted. For one thing they recommend unlimited FPS. I know on my rig that I get less stuttering with it locked.

You have to experiment for yourself, all of our systems are different, there are a myriad of variables.

Start with all settings low and move up one at a time until you reach your desired frame rat.

If your frame rate is low then your settings are too high, it's as simple as that. Unless of course you are using an add-on not built in accordance with the FSX CFG, then you can expect slowdown.

I don't have an issue with performance so I don't see how you could with your more powerful machine... unless you are not prepared to compromise on settings.

I get less stuttering with it locked.

Me too U.M. It took a while to figure that one out but I have mine fixed at 22, on the odd occasion it dips below but that depends mostly on whether you are constantly changing views etc.

I have still got issues with mine though, I upgraded to FSX SP2 on the weekend and no matter how much I tweak the settings the drawing of the scenery below seems to wave across the screen. I did a complete re-install back to RTM then SP1 and it was still there. Odd, still working on that one :thum:

Sorry I can't help Panos, but as UM said it's a very local thing to your machine. You have had FSX as long as any of us so you know how difficult it can be to diagnose these problems.

Good luck though, keep tweaking.

drawing of the scenery below seems to wave across the screen.

It's VSync Mut! Have a look in the Control Panel. SP2 turns it off by default, god knows why MS did that but they did. Turn it on and it will be fine.

I have mine frame rate locked at 40, yes I know it's high but it does reduce sturttering, seems no need for me to lock lower. I am overclocking my CPU though.