SimConnect is included in FSX. It's the way exterior applications communicate with FSX.

I have no prior experience with it not working, although I did find a couple of things online that could be worth taking a look at.

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=25953

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/67251-simconnect-failure/

Hi Joe,

I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe it did, that said since it began I have installed two new aircraft. The thing is do I really need it, as far as I can make out it's sound like some connection to the internet, but then I may be wrong,  usually am.

;)

Hi Jurgen,

Simconnect is a new way for FSX to talk to other programs like Ultimate Traffic, Active Sky Next and many other addons, especially if you have 2 or more PC's over a network. A great help to me was Froogle Pete's video here 

but it may be too involved to sort out your problem.

You really shouldn't need to worry about simconnect as it all happens in the background. The only problem happens if the version is out of date.

I appreciate it is annoying but if it is not causing any problems then ignore it?

Cheers,

Joe

It was introduced with FSX so since 2006 but it has been updated everytime FSX went through a major update, SP1 SP2 etc...

Cheers...Joe

Hi Joe,

Well it's happed again the 'simconnect' issue, I'm not sure but I think I may have just put my finger on the problem. I decided to re-install FSX and each time I installed addon's it worked fine. The addon sceneries I have installed and after re-booting each I installed an addon I ran FSX with no problems. That was until I installed the new Beechcraft KingAir 200, my problem re-appeared, so again after uninstalling this addon I had my aircraft selection page waiting for an input for over 30mins with no issue. I'm just wondering if a part of the KingAir is the problem, namely the app file that comes with the program, are you aware of this file or any-one having issue's with it.