Can anyone recommend a good four engine prop (not turbo-prop) aircraft for FSX?

I would prefer it to have been used by the RAF, and to be post world war two.

John I can recommend the Constellation (a beauty) and A2As Boeing 377 (a beast), neither served in the RAF but they both come with BOAC liveries.

Edit.

Sorry John, you said freeware. Jens B, Christensen did a freeware DC-4 in RAF colours.

John, the Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight Provisioning Lancaster was on the cover disc of PC-Pilot a year or so ago, so I guess that's as near freeware as dammit. If you can't locate it, let me know - I'm fairly sure Martyn et al wouldn't mind you having it...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Avro Shackleton MR 3 over at Britsim. A lovely post war 4 engined prop plane used by the RAF.
The Bristol Britannia, Jens B Kristensen, post war 4 engined (turbo)prop plane used by the RAF

The Canadair Argonaut. Jens B Kristensen. RR Merlin powered version of the DC4. Post war, not used by the RAF but was used by the RCAF. BOAC also used them.

I like the sound of the Shackleton, when I was a kid my dad and I would go up to RAF St Mawgan and park ar the end of the runway. The Shackletons would tske off over our heads. Fantastic!

Thanks Kasper!

I have downloaded a Shackleton and am generally pleased with it.

However there is something wired about it.  If I don't start engine 3 last, the aircraft starts to spin around quickly.

has anyone seen this issue?

J

I have the same aircraft as you and I have FSX with acceleration. 

In my previous post I said

don't start engine 3 last, the aircraft starts to spin around quickly.

This is incorrect as it spins randomly and about 75% of the time when starting up.  It seems to always happen before I get to engine 4 (the last to start).

I think  will download it again from Britsim (I cant remember where I got it from) and see if i get the same Issue.

J