RAF 90th screenshot contest #2

April 1st brings us the 90th Anniversary of the RAF.

To celebrate, Mutley's is running a screenshot contest with a super prize, a RAF polo shirt worth �25 from the RAF Collection details here - (Click on photo)

RAFM7840_NAVY.jpgrafclogo.jpg

Size is medium, non-negotiable as it has already landed at the Hangar ready for the competition winner.

Everyone is welcome to enter, no mater where you live.

Rules are simple,

The subject must be a RAF aircraft new or old.

Any sim, (edits allowed) or artwork.

Must be original, your own work.

Any size.

Any number of entries.

No edited real world photos.

** IMPORTANT - Please add your entry to this post, it will not be considered elsewhere **

The winner will be the best entry that in my opinion encompasses the spirit of the RAF.

Contest closes Saturday 19th April 2008.

Good luck and get snapping!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that shirt up close and personal - it's very nice.

John

It wasn't the one I was wearing on my trip across the pond though John :rockon: Same design just a smaller size.

Cheers

BTW we need more entrants!!

It wasn't the one I was wearing on my trip across the pond though John Same design just a smaller size.

Yes, I'd figured out that you had one for you too. It wouldn't do at the end for you to not be willing to part with the prize, so of course you had to buy two. Anyway, it's a fine looking shirt.

John

....BTW we need more entrants!!...

I'm already working on my entry (well, it has to be a GOOD entry, so i'll only have this silver bullet loaded in my pistol ;) ), but given my computer troubles and moving day looming ever closer it'll be a last minute dash to post!! Not to worry, it'll be posted in time, as sure as night follows day.

Hi Mut,

can i ask you to clarify a little point of head-scratching for me please? You say that the 'subject' must be RAF aircraft. Does this mean it is the main focus of the image or, as i interpret it, does the image just need to have at least a single RAF aircraft?

Thanks,

Simon

You interpret right Simi, the scene just needs to have at least one RAF aircraft, it doesn't have to be close up study of one aircraft.

Cheers

good stuff, thanks Mut. If i'd assumed incorrectly, it could have totally blown my idea into disarray!

Greeting! I'm from the 'old' JustFlight forum and would like to post some RAF screenshots. Here's 1 for now. Hope you like it!

P.S. I'm not Oleg Maddox as someone referred to me when posting my shot of the Gloster Gladiator in the last contest thread. :idea:

B25_France.jpg

Thanks Mutley! I caused the confusion myself by quoting OM in my sig (at that time). I'm honored to be a part of these festivities!! Here are 2 action snaps just for fun (unfortunately it wasn't me in the Spitfire, I was in the FW190 being chased by it):

grainville2.jpg

grainville5.jpg

wow, great shots, is it IL-2 sturmovik?

most certainly looks like it, id guess at a merged IL2+Forgotten Battles+Aces Expansion, not sure about Pacific Fighters or the new 1946, the terrain looks a bit odd for the later releases.

You know your IL2. :stars: merged IL2+Forgotten Battles+Aces Expansion+Pacific Fighters is the sim. Those were from before IL2:1946.

wow, great shots, is it IL-2 sturmovik?

most certainly looks like it, id guess at a merged IL2+Forgotten Battles+Aces Expansion, not sure about Pacific Fighters or the new 1946, the terrain looks a bit odd for the later releases.