Brit,

Do you know if the latest version of Steve's DX10 Fixer has solved the "missing navigation and strobe lights on AI planes" issue?

I think it has , i just tried it and on the ground you get nav lights, taxi light and logo light (tail) but no strobes, but i formated on an ai a/c in the air and his strobes were working i enclose a version history of the one I have

from the manual:

AI Navlights - DX10 Lights Package

Installing DX10 Compatible Lights gives the best appearance of Nav Lights on the airplane that you are flying. However as a side effect it causes AI Nav Lights to have a very short range. If this is important to you then you should install the DX10 Lights package when installing the libraries – see Chapter 4.

Hi guys, I am new around here but not at all new to flightsimming.

I found this topic when I googled "FSX OOM uk2000" because I thought it may be the latter's airports that are causing the OOMs, as each time it happens to me I'm on finals into a UK2000 eXtreme airport.

I am also running (like many here I suspect) FTX UK+IRE which may not be helping, as well as being at the helm of the NGX or AXE.

Soooo. I am thinking of just using FTX Global+Vector on it's own for the complex tubes and keeping FTX UK for the low 'n' slow.

In the meantime P3D v2.1 is running nice and smoothly with FTX Global+Vector so I may just stick with that!

Interesting times indeed (I also dabble heavily in XP10)!

Dave

if P3D doesn’t speed things up to accommodate latest simmers needs

this could severely damage their future; if XP gets to squeeze in any further

as it stands; XP seem to be in the right place at the right time with the right stuff

Hi guys, I am new around here but not at all new to flightsimming.

I found this topic when I googled "FSX OOM uk2000" because I thought it may be the latter's airports that are causing the OOMs, as each time it happens to me I'm on finals into a UK2000 eXtreme airport.

I am also running (like many here I suspect) FTX UK+IRE which may not be helping, as well as being at the helm of the NGX or AXE.

Soooo. I am thinking of just using FTX Global+Vector on it's own for the complex tubes and keeping FTX UK for the low 'n' slow.

In the meantime P3D v2.1 is running nice and smoothly with FTX Global+Vector so I may just stick with that!

Interesting times indeed (I also dabble heavily in XP10)!

Dave

Hi Deetee and welcome to Mutleys, as mentioned earlier in this thread the oom is arriving as the new airport puts the VAS toward the top end of the 4mb limit. there are a few ways of stopping it happen but the most guilty party is ftx scenery which is superb but heavy on the space it takes up. you will have to find a trade off situ the allows you to fly without oom's. For me i went with photoscenery which is less demanding, however I do have an ftx drive , with ftx uk and a few ftx uk airports  but find that i can get the odd problem , but can reduce the problems considerably by using dx10. Going P3D doesnt solve the problem either.

if you get a free prog called process explorer you can watch the vas mount up to the danger level and get to know at what level your system oom's using this may help you avoid them.

As for Xp10 I am afraid Its not for me.

A very useful way to monitor VAS with FSUIPC :-

Open the FSUIPC setup screen.

Go to the "logging" tab, and in one of the "specific value checks" enter the value 024C (first character is zero, not the letter"O".

Change the "type" for that value from S8 to S32.

Click on the checkboxes to display the value either at the upper window bar, or within the main FSX screen.

Now save and exit. Going forward, you will have a continuously-updated readout in-game of free VAS remaining.

Don't click on the "Hex" check box in FSUIPC.  It should be left blank.

The 32-bit integer value at offset 024C  is the free memory left in kilobytes - not the memory used.

It not only logs it, and sounds a warning, but also provides a continual (10 sec interval update) running value of the amount of free FSX process memory left in an offset.

32-bit integer value at offset 024C, free memory left in kilobytes. You could monitor that on-screen using the Monitor facility on the Logging tab.

It plays two Windows "exclamation" sounds when this gets below 300 Mb (i.e. 307200).

I've not seen FTX Global named as the culprit for OOMs, if that is the case does anyone know if the GEX textures are a little less memory intensive. I know GEX is a bit older, so it makes sense to me... I am in a quandry regarding an impending reinstall, and can't decide which would be best, memory wise (I have both).

I've not seen FTX Global named as the culprit for OOMs, if that is the case does anyone know if the GEX textures are a little less memory intensive. I know GEX is a bit older, so it makes sense to me... I am in a quandry regarding an impending reinstall, and can't decide which would be best, memory wise (I have both).

a difficult decision indeed  but I suspect most people here would say go with global.  I think the ftx progs that cause the biggest problems are their airports, especially their big ones which they stopped producing , possibly for this very reason.

Effectively you have to make a concious decision, you fly using ftx's or similar, beautifully designed airports and a fairly mundane slow vfr aircraft or you use pmdg or similar complex aircraft with photoscenery and aerosoft or similar airports.  It is very difficult to combine ftx scenery ,even ftx UK, (not global) with a complex a/c,  not impossible mind you, but you have to be aware that you are at the top end of VAS and any further add on or whatever may push you over the edge onto a ctd of memory shortage.

There is nothing more frustrating than say flying for an hour or so, all fat dumb and happy watching the marvelous scenery float by and then it all goes to a ball of chalk the moment your destination hoves into sight.

as mentioned before I mostly fly with photscenery and aerosoft or similar airports and can fly with relative impunity for hours without a hitch

i hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am new around here but not at all new to flightsimming.......

Dave

Thats what I've started doing, FTX Global for long haul, but even then I use the default airliners with new liveries and sound packs to reduce memory problems.

I have never had a problem with FTXGlobal textures, they look good and didn't decrease my fps in any way. I just got FTXVectors and it has much improved what it said it would. The only problems I have seen so far after a few flights is missing some small lakes and such. These I will report to the ORBX/FTX forums. 

It was great to see the railroad switching tracks near where I live plus the roads and bridges rendered correctly. Vectors even added a turnpike tunnel through a mountain not far from me too. The company is still adding patches to products made a couple of years ago and that is a good indication they will continue to improve Vectors.

Since my laptop does not have the fastest CPU around, I do start getting slow draws when switching views on some of the really advanced aircraft and when flying into the fancier and bigger airports and my fps will suffer a bit so I lower my some settings like autogen, scenery and airline traffic. I can't expect that much from my computer with FSX in these instances and take appropriate measures. The last OOM I got was in the Majestic Dash 8 at FTX Southampton when switching my views around too fast and at the same time switching on/off the wx radar and APU at the same time. If I do things slower I do not have a problem. 

I do not have any GEX products although I have looked at many videos and screenshots. I had to make a decision when I started with payware scenery on which direction I wanted to go and personally liked to FTX stuff better. I don't need to see my own house, preferring a general look of colorful scenery right down to the point of landing.

Brian has mentioned how good Steve's DX10 Fixer is for making things run better in FSX so I'm looking into that or even it might be time to go to P3D. Like Dave said, interesting times and I might add many decisions to make. I have been sticking with FSX because I still like to fly in some of the older crossover planes and products that will not work in P3D, I know FSX like an old friend and it's hard to make changes when you are used to things as they are. :)