Well written review Joe, I enjoyed reading it. :thum:

This is an airport that I always liked to land at while traveling along the far northwest coast. In default FSX there was a hill guarding rwy26 that made for an interesting approach so I made a point to land there whenever in the area. I guess this was an error in default mesh as it is no longer there in FTX's realistic version. Regardless of the now missing hill, I will purchase this as soon as I log off here. Misha has done a fine job with this airport and surrounding area, I look forward to flying into the new exacting version of Sekiu many more times in the future.

Thanks for in depth coverage and look at this offering, it showed what I was missing. :)

I was curious about the statue 'Rosie' you mentioned and looked it up. It certainly is an odd looking thing and maybe why the designer left it out. Odd or not, I agree with Joe that it would have made for a realistic addition. You can take a look at Rosie here:)

Hi Brett, yes it would have been good to see her, great link btw.

Just for info, a picture of Rosie is embedded in the review, in the level of detail section if you click on the words "Sekiu Welcomes You" a picture of Rosie will pop up. I didn't want to show it right there on the page and detract from the product.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Brett, yes it would have been good to see her, great link btw.

Just for info, a picture of Rosie is embedded in the review, in the level of detail section if you click on the words "Sekiu Welcomes You" a picture of Rosie will pop up. I didn't want to show it right there on the page and detract from the product.

Cheers,

Joe

Why yes it is, cool. :cool:  I didn't notice it because it wasn't a different color like most links. Thanks. :)   

I once knew a girl that resembled Rosie

Tell us more John, was she a fish wife? 

She must have had a plaice in his sole.

Naah... it was more of a smell thing .....so lets just leave it there, shall we?

I'm not one to walk around an airport so a lot of the little details don't really concern me that much. What I do like is the look of the runway with raised lighting and general feel of the airport. Having the grasses look realistic adds to the flavor too. This one has a few boring hangars but the bathroom looks good as does the homes and boat docks below the strip in the bay and as I said above it's in a great spot. I really liked having the surrounding area modeled with photoscenery overlayed with autogen, it made for a nice scenic flight around the airport for quite a distance. Everything is well done which gives you the feeling in being in an accurate representation of what is really there in the RW. Having the prison added for heli flights is a nice addon. I think I would have liked a better selection of boats down in Clallam bay though as my only complaint. 

I am not disappointed that I purchased it and plan on many more flight in and out of it making it a good buy. I also have Orcas Island airport, Tongass Fjords, Pacific Fjords, Pacific Northwest, Misty Moorings scenery plus the many FTX freeware airports all in that general area giving me plenty of flying to do all in that whole area of the country.   

You can see my first flight out of Sekiu here.