• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In defence of NE, it only adds about 325Mb to VAS usage according to my tests.   I spent some time last night tweaking performance settings in FSX and Monitoring VAS. Following some advice about cha

To Chris Bell our thanks eternal, For our wonderful flights nocturnal. We take in the sights of his brilliant lights. I suppose that make us, Fly by nights.     Sorry.

Joe, what other addons have you got running at the same time? K

I bet Chris is counting lampposts in his sleep.

right on Geoff :stars:

as for NEUK ETA; we're close!

Nigel, Night Environment British Isles includes the following regions

England, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man, Ireland, Northern Ireland

the image is only showing progress we've made so far, there's still allot of work to do

right now im pretty much bummed out from seeing my work pirated less than 48h after its released

Thanks guys,

its amazing within an hour of them releasing my work; sales basically came to a halt!

i didn't test the beta 2.2 patch yet; like Geoff mentioned earlier all i see if lampposts :)

i know Mathijs is taking care of the LM issue; did they fix the leak in 2.2?

i had to submit my code and other essentials for them to look into the issue that came up in 2.1

sorry didnt mean it to sound like i was giving chris a hard time , i just think this current lunacy of all the parts of the uk seeking independence is so insane

sorry didnt mean it to sound like i was giving chris a hard time , i just think this current lunacy of all the parts of the uk seeking independence is so insane

I don't know what you're talking about Nigel, Yorkshire has always been a bit independent :P

thats not the british isles, thats scotland and northern ireland, the british isles now amounts to England, the scillys and the channel isles sadly :(

You forgot the Isle of Wight Nigel. :D

Well I had a quick look at the well known pirate site and couldn't find any sign of your work Chris, just about every other add-on in history was there including loads of aerosoft stuff, but not yours. :)

I guess piracy will always happen at some level, I think Mathjis at Aerosoft wrote something about piracy not so long ago where he discussed the issue? Whilst not every pirated copy equals a lost sale, some undoubtedly will. Keep going with it though, as you can see here there are appreciative wannabe purchasers out here as well :)

Thank you Kevin; it is out there on a German or Dutch website

i am fairly new to the commercial scene;

ill admit ive sinned myself in the past with dl pirated software

i didn’t realize how devastating this is

Night Environment Germany was released Thursday, pirated by Saturday

since its been pirated, all sales stopped at once!

with our dirt cheap price tag for NE product line

we didn’t even come close to brake a 1000$; for a team of 4 people working round the clock 25/7

(i make everyone get up an hour early!) for six weeks straight!

and that’s on the first few days of initial release!!!

this just put a damper on everyone’s mood

from where im looking at things; NE's future doesn’t look too good right now

most likely the release of British Isles will get postponed due to this situation

i see a direct pattern between our sales coming to a halt within the first two release days

and the pirates distributing and making money over our work

That is a bit disappointing :(

I guess that's why virtually all flight sim developers create stuff as a hobby or have a primary career to supply an income...

I would very much still like to see NEUK please.. *fingers crossed*

Kevin this isn’t about supplemental income or how much we earned on our release week

it makes no sense putting so much work just to be ripped off in 36h; and all sales completely stop

there are four adults involved in this; putting off family affairs toward producing this

we all recognize the increasing interest and don’t wish to lose it

we all put every available second toward this

we don’t expect to make a living off this

we all h have day jobs (for now)

but to loss the little bit we expect is devastating to us right now

many people involved in this chain are doing this professionally for a living; take Aerosoft's office for example and many others along the way

I may be being naive here, isn't there some kind of copy protection through Aerosoft? I'm glad that you guys have other income as well, not that that makes piracy more acceptable, it doesn't. Just that despite the actions of the pirates you and your family hopefully aren't going to be destitute on the streets.

I've been involved in tinkering with scenery design just for fun for a few years and I definitely think every simmer should try their hand at it just once to see how difficult and confusing it can be at times. I feel the level of piracy would decrease significantly if there was a greater level of understanding of the time and effort involved.

Cheers K

Kevin,

That's going a bit far saying that we Yorkshire folk are independently minded.

We do embrace the rest of the UK, just make sure that you have a Yorkshire visa stamped in your passport when you drive east across the M62 & we will welcome you with open arms!

Seriously, I agree that you do need to try your hand at scenery design to appreciate how many hours go into creating it - FSX Power Project v4.3 will have taken more than 4-years when it is released sometime this year.

Night Environment looks an interesting product, I wonder how it compares with 3D Lights Street Lights Project X Europe, see my posting:

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/11746-3d-lights-street-lights-project-europe-x-fsx/

I was about to ask the same question as Christopher L, but see that Chris B has just answered it; i.e it integrates with UK photoreal scenery.

Cheers,

Ray.

Does this Night Environment stuff work with GenX photoscenery? By that, I mean....does it put lights where they are supposed to be, rather than in the middle of fields?

@Chris, as ever I'll test it out for you ;)

@Ray, I was born and brought up in Yorkshire so I'm allowed to say it :D Nowt gets past me lad y'know!

K

That's good to know. I have done no night flying whatsoever in FSX, simply because the GenX night lighting was extremely poor. I simply switched it off, and concentrated on starting my flights at sunrise. With this new product, I am keen to see what night flying is like in FSX.

On a side note, I am also keen to take delivery of version 4.3 of Ray's FSX Power Project.

That's good to know. I have done no night flying whatsoever in FSX, simply because the GenX night lighting was extremely poor. I simply switched it off, and concentrated on starting my flights at sunrise. With this new product, I am keen to see what night flying is like in FSX.

On a side note, I am also keen to take delivery of version 4.3 of Ray's FSX Power Project.

+1

What saddens me about piracy is the people who buy pirated stuff. I would like to think that the majority of flight simmers are honest, reasonable folk. It grieves me that I am wrong in this assumption.

@ Chris, I would expect a rush of sales on release and then a sudden drop off, hopefully when word gets around you'll see steady sales.

NE has given me another dimension to flying. I fly classic tubeliners so I don't need scenery but a night landing at Amsterdam or Frankfurt or Brussels is magic. :) Roll on NEUK.