Having sorted my performance problems I thought I would take the Tiger Moth for a spin in the dark.  

Using Orbx England and vectors as well as NE Uk I was able to take off at Fairoaks Airport (EGTF) follow the A319 Chertsey Road to the A320 and on to the M25.

There I took a right turn and followed the M25 anticlockwise until I reached the A3.

I followed the A3 south, checking my progress by the shape of the road junctions (yes they are accurate) over Guildford (and my road) until I reached the A3 - A31 Junction.

I followed the A31 over the Hogsback to Farnham, by which time Farnborough Airport (EGLF) was in site, where I landed. Almost a circle but with no navigation aids except the mark 1 eyeball ...at night.

All the roads were lit well and accurately and so VFR by night was possible. To say I was very impressed would be an understatement!

Bring on Night Environment France!

• Like 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In defence of NE, it only adds about 325Mb to VAS usage according to my tests.   I spent some time last night tweaking performance settings in FSX and Monitoring VAS. Following some advice about cha

To Chris Bell our thanks eternal, For our wonderful flights nocturnal. We take in the sights of his brilliant lights. I suppose that make us, Fly by nights.     Sorry.

Joe, what other addons have you got running at the same time? K

Nice example John, I managed to find my way to work via the M3, A34 and A4, mind you, I could do it in my sleep now after so many years commuting! 

• Like 1

I've bought it also. Great product and the night flying is superb now. I never used to do much at night, but now I make a point of setting off in the dark.  :) Screw the pirates!!

I'm going to post about this addon to all my fellow BAv pilots also on our forum there (when I've had chance to take my own screenies if I'm not breaking copyright rules and it's OK with you Chris). Thanks for an excellent product. Keep going mate, there's more of us willing to pay for your work than not.  :thum:

Adrian

• Like 1

Thank you Adrian; much appreciated both your support and your kind words

you can post as many pics as you like; there are no copyrights issues with none commercial use

i love seeing pics from my work; many of you know your area so well; you all bring out breathtaking views from

it’s nice to stop and appreciate my work through your eyes even more

check out Manuel's album

https://picasaweb.google.com/100878819517750471473/AerosoftNEGermany?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIOdlrnOyd_KgQE&feat=directlink

To Chris Bell our thanks eternal,

For our wonderful flights nocturnal.

We take in the sights of his brilliant lights.

I suppose that make us,

Fly by nights.

Sorry.

• Like 2