Photoreal Scenery & AI Traffic

Having just installed MegaSceneryEarth photographic for the state of California, I now seem to have lost my general aviation AI traffic ... !!??!!

Although I can still hear airline traffic on the radio I can see nothing!! ... Has anyone experienced the same problem? And can someone tell me how to get my local AI traffic back? .... As soon as I fly out of the photoreal zone I again have all my AI traffic visible at all airfields ....... !!!!

David

Installing photoscenery should not affect AI traffic, David. I have been searching the internet to see if I can find any other examples of this problem, and I would like to ask.....do you have Aircraft Shadows set to "ON"? If so, can you switch them off, and see what happens?

I'm pretty sure Dai is onto it. I couldn't remember the details but was vaguely aware of some issue with FS9 traffic in FSX. It seems if FSX detects an FS9-style traffic file (traffic*.bgl) it will use and display it properly but will suppress any installed FSX traffic files, including the default traffic.

The linked article implies that ANY FS9-style bgl will cause this problem. I'm not 100% sure that's an accurate statement but the issue with FS9 traffic files in FSX is certainly true.

I suspect that it could be worked around for traffic files. If an FS9 traffic bgl were decompiled to the three component files (aircraft*.txt, airports*.txt and flightplans*.txt) and then re-compiled with the Traffic Tools compiler for FSX, it might work. I haven't tried this, but it seems logical.

John

Thanks chaps ... !!

I have only FSX installed (no residual FS9 stuff!!)

In my FSX config I have:-

... aircraft cast shadows on ground=no

... aircraft cast shadows on itself=no

Before installing MegaSceneryEarth-California I had Justflight TRAFFIC X operating with no problems.

Likewise I have the same problem with Flylogic SWITZERLAND X where neither TRAFFIC X or FSX default AI GA traffic now appears (it reappears immediateley flying out of these photoscenery areas ... !!????!!

David

• 4 months later...

Now returning to flight simming after a break on other things! ...... but still having the same problems with non-appearing AI traffic (SEE ABOVE)

It's TRAFFIC X that I'm not seeing over photoreal scenery with both Mega CALIFORNIA and Flylogic SWITZERLAND (although in both cases I can hear high level jet traffic ... !!).... could be anything to do with scenery layers? .... (should my TRAFFIC X be above or below my photo scenery ... ???

Interestingly I can see TRAFFIC X stuff over Horizon VFR PHOTO Generatio X ENGLAND ... !!??!!

It's pretty lonely flying in California at the moment .... can nobody help me ......... ????

David