Microsoft sells fsx retail licence?

Just been talking to a developer in the U.S. that I am a beta tester for, apparently a large games studio had bought the FSX retail licence rights. it is not clear yet if it includes the rights to Flight, no doubt more info will bleed out in the days to come hopefully.

Hi BF..

I have held off posting about this until all the rumours have died down and the truth is out. We were expecting an announcement at E3 yesterday but I don't think it ever came?

Stand by one.

• Like 1

The last bit of news I saw over on Flightsim.com (I think) was that it's only the Microsoft Flight rights, not FSX...

But still nothing solid with confirmed sources...

Tom Allensworth at AVSIM has stated that the license includes FSX, MS Flight, and TrainSim 2.

Buy one and get two free.  Purchaser pays the price of the most expensive item.  ^_^

Sorry for the cryptic comment, Chris, but he is not highly regarded in all circles, particularly his penchant for locking and shutting down discussion in Forum threads which don't accord with his views.

His performance history and position on MS Flight, for example, was a complete joke.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1

Exactly my sentiments, Andrew. He's got an agenda and uses the lock button on his forum to suppress differing views. He has a perfect right to do that, of course, but it goes against his objectivity and credibility.

John

Exactly my sentiments, Andrew. He's got an agenda and uses the lock button on his forum to suppress differing views. He has a perfect right to do that, of course, but it goes against his objectivity and credibility.

John

From what I have seen he seems to rule AVSIM like a bit of a hitler.gif. Certainly not very democratic.

No longer a place I visit very often nowadays. Most if not all of the knowledgeable "old timers" seem to have drifted away. Shame really but nothing stands still for long I guess.

Having read his recent open letter which outlined his working life, I could see lots of parallels  with myself , and as the letter is written he seems quite a nice guy, but that is in total contrast with how he and his anal moderators run their site. Ok it is his to do what he wants with it but as someone else here has pointed out now all the good guys have gone elsewhere so there is no point returning there . there is only one good thing at avsim and that is their file library , however most, if not more, is available at fsim.com which doesnt have the same paranoia issues.

Sad how someone talks the talk but has no idea how to walk the walk

The recent announcement from PMDG appears to indicate they are going to take this control of their website to an even newer level of paranoia where no dissent whatsoever or even constructive criticism will be tolerated, no doubt before long you will not be allowed on either site if you dont have blonde hair and blue eyes and wear jack boots

The recent announcement from PMDG appears to indicate they are going to take this control of their website to an even newer level of paranoia where no dissent whatsoever or even constructive criticism will be tolerated, no doubt before long you will not be allowed on either site if you dont have blonde hair and blue eyes and wear jack boots

:rofl:

Thanks for the tip about fsim.com.

I was alarmed to see that AVSIM has a Wall of Shame Topic.  This is dedicated to "basically the bad guys in our hobby". I think this stinks.  Who is to decide what is right or wrong in FS and therefore who is to decide who is a "bad guy"

I found this to be a very subjective and judgmental Topic.  It amounts to Cyber bullying. That's not good under any guise.  Angry of Guildford.

• Like 1

I have learned a lot from some of the biggest FS sites but get tired of 'angry people' that visit there. I now just go for tips and mods on new aircraft(usually Carenado because there is always stuff wrong) from Bert Pieke and a few others. It is a shame that Avsim turned into a monster, especially after MSFlight came out, I then lost my zest for what they were serving.

You guys need thicker skins. I do not have a problem with Tom or anyone else at AVSIM. It is by far the largest database of flightsim information and discussion on the internet. Nowhere else comes close.

I don't find AVSIM a bad place, but then again I keep my nose clean now after nearly being banned over at OrbX so many times for not being on message ;) (now there's somewhere where dissenting views are widely and liberally tolerated :P)

I much prefer Mutleys where I can tease you and Britfrog from time to time without wondering when Joe will wall of shame me :D