Microsoft sells fsx retail licence?

You guys need thicker skins :)

Don't need thicker skins, Chris.....have just reached a point in life where bombastic, self opinionated, narcissists, with egocentric tendencies aren't worth wasting time or oxygen on.  They drone on like a neanderthal whinging about the same old thing...after a while, you just ignore it because responding isn't mentally challenging, let alone stimulating, and they will just keep whinging about it and everything else that's not to their personal liking.  I much prefer the drone of a big radial at cruise, it is far more pleasant to listen to.

You guys need thicker skins :)

Don't need thicker skins, Chris.....have just reached a point in life where bombastic, self opinionated, narcissists, with egocentric tendencies aren't worth wasting time or oxygen on.  They drone on like a neanderthal whinging about the same old thing...after a while, you just ignore it because responding isn't mentally challenging, let alone stimulating, and they will just keep whinging about it and everything else that's not to their personal liking.  I much prefer the drone of a big radial at cruise, it is far more pleasant to listen to.

Exactly Andrew. I don't need to go to a forum for all that. I can get it at home.  :D

A ) I like AVSIM for the technical help you can obtain there - lots of experienced brains to pick, though obviously AVSIM doesn't have a monopoly on that. Plus the commercial support forums, such as PMDG and Captain Sim, are very useful. 

B )  I thought there was going to be an announcement at E3 concerning who had bought the FSX and/or Flight license. E3 has come and gone, so has anyone heard ? .

Correct! We just have to be patient, all the speculation is just that.

I am enjoying the advancements with P3D right now. LM have made the most advancements with Microsoft ESP, I can't see any one else with the same expertise taking it on.

All the speculation may have been concerning MS Flight which after all seems more game based rather than simulation based.

Yes, P3Dv2 here, as well. I've spent this weekend starting from scratch and getting it reconfigured appropriately for my system. Very pleased with the results, and looking forward to further developments from LM. No going back to FSX for me.  :)

Unfortunately, cloud shadows cost too many frames per second for me to keep them on. But I certainly know what you mean.

Joe, I don't know whether you are into that genre of aircraft, but P3D's internal self shadowing is wonderful in Virtavia's Boeing B-29 Superfortress. Virtavia comes in for some stick, or rather its predecessor Alphasim does, but they did a lovely job with the Superfortress VC, and it's a great showcase for P3D's self shadowing.

As there's no news on the FSX license, its okay to go wildly off topic, isn't it ? Here's a picture...

hNmxgQS.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know nothing about steam, does this mean you will be able to buy fsx and download it, or will it be pay per play.

If its going to be pay per play they might as well stop now because that will be a loser from the start.

Still it is good to know the rumors were true

Steam is mainly a distribution platform with built in copy protection, so the desicion on the payment model is up to the developer/publisher.

Both regular downloadable games, and games with some sort if subscription are available today.

My own experience with Steam and DoveTail Games is via the Rail Simulator/RailWorks/Train Simulator series. If they are anything to go by, it'll be just like buying FSX again - pay once and don't pay again. Might make multiplayer easier via the Steam network

As for FSX future, well, DTG are making a new game engine for Train Simulator (see here for more details) so that could be used for FSX. Don't forget that the current Train Simulator (TS2014) is a direct descendant from Microsoft's Train Simulator. What I fear is DTG-produced add-ons. They can be very hit-and-miss and as a result those who want more detail and more options livery-wise tend to go elsewhere.

All we really can do is sit and wait

More details here..

http://www.pcpilot.net/view_article.asp?ID=8033&pubID=8&t=0&s=0&sO=both&p=1&i=10

Kevin, I don't think Flight is a factor in this at all. The way I read it is that they will start by putting the current version of FSX, with acceleration, up for sale via Steam, and then start work on some sort of new flight sim product.

Kieran, do you know if DTG allow for 3rd party developers when it comes to addons for the Trains Simulator series, or is it all developed and sold by them??

Kieran, never mind..

I missed the link in your post, and after reading that I found my answer.. They are open to both 3rd party and user developed addons!