Ugrading to FSX-Acceleration...how much must be re-installed?

I discovered that helis like Acceleration, at least the latest payware R-66 from Alabeo does. It is quite dead on the ramp with out it apparently. :( Alabeo assures me that not having Acceleration installed is indeed the culprit...sigh.

In order to upgrade from SP-1/SP-2 to Acceleration, will I have to uninstall addons first? Or can this be upgraded over the FSX program without killing my scenery and aircraft?

If I have to reinstall everything I might just let that new helicopter gather dust till I have to reinstall everything over some other issue. I'd rather fly it though.

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

I would guess it would be a good idea to back up FSX for all files you might want to add back in and app data files, for your pilot log book. Just in case. :)  Uninstall SP1&2 using the control panels uninstall program. Then restart your PC and install Acceleration. I hope anyway. :whis: Some payware might have to reinstalled, I don't know for sure.

There is probably a tutorial around here somewhere, I'll take a look. :D I think my FSX ran better after installing Acceleration compared to just the SP's being installed, so give it a try.

you don’t need to uninstall anything

maybe sdk files if you installed

nothing that has to do with your addon's

Brett's advice can’t hurt one bit; to be on the safe side

acceleration already has SP2 as part of it; you don’t need to apply SP2 again

just run the acceleration setup and you will be good to go when it’s done

I found FSX Gold + Acceleration at a local Fry s store. (Nice that there is still a place to buy FS soft and hardware...so many places carry nuttin but mmorpg/fps/gangsta games.) Acceleration required uninstalling sp2...then it installed without a hitch. I LOVE the new heli that came with Accel...and the new R66 is working great now.