HELP PLEASE - STORCH CL 582 Addon For FSX

Hi Michael, I found one for FS2004 on a site that I have never used before here. at Softpedia. Careful where you push for download as this is a heavy advert site. Make sure you check the folder for any garbage and if it is an installer, do not directly install to the PC, install to a separate folder and install manually, just in case. Note: I can not be held responsible for any damage.........  ;)  

I think there is one for X-Plane out there too. There is always the FSX Foxbat available to fall back on, which is in the same style of ultralight, if the Storch doesn't work out. 

Hope it all works out for you. :)

Hi Brett,

Thank you for getting back to me and the web links. I have seen these before. I'm not sure if the FS2004 aircraft will work in FSX?

The Foxbat is very good but it would be nice to get a FSX version of the Storch CL582, as I have just started flying one for real!!

Thanks again for your help.....................

Cheers, Michael.

Some FS2004 aircraft will work to a limited degree in FSX, try it and see. If you like it enough, things that will not work in the VC usually work in the 2D panel or popups can be used to make it work.

Hi again,

OK I have downloaded a clean version of the Storch 582 for FS2004. 

I have changed the sound files and the aircraft works and sounds OK in FSX. It only shows the aircraft panel in 2D.

The next step is to get the gauges working correctly!

How on earth do I do this?

Cheers, Michael.

I don't know. :huh:   If there was .CAB or .gau files that came with the aircraft, try putting them in the Gauge folder of FSX. You might have to look into the panel.cfg file and make sure that all the gauges for each [windowxx] section actually points to an existing gauge in the Gauge folder. They might be aliased to default planes from FS9 that do not exsist in FSX. Worst comes to worst, you can use default FSX gauges and replace the ones not working. It is easier than it looks, if a little time consuming, getting the gauges to be placed and look right.

Where did you download it from? I will take a look at it for you, if you would like to keep it. I never liked flying with a 2D panel but will be happy to work with you on this if you plan on keeping it. Plus you get to learn something new. Next thing you know you will be adding popups and switching out gauges on many of the older aircraft. :D   

• Like 1

Thanks Brett for all your help. I downloaded from this Italian web site at http://www.aliditalia.com/storch.html

If you can take a look at what Stefano Vele has done and then let me know how to get it to work in FSX.

Regarding the gauges I have found some software about 25 dollars called FS Panel Studio but not paid for it yet.

Cheers, Michael.

Hi to all,

Well...................I have successfully changed most of the flight instrumentation using the gauges from the Italian Savannah aircraft panel. They all fit OK and seem to work.

Its taken most of this afternoon to do this and I am now cross eyed!!!!

So I now have a Storch 582 which works OK in FSX.

Kindest regards to all,

Cheers, Michael.

Glad to hear you got it working, see, nothing to it. :)

I have a feeling that this plane was  created earlier than FS9, the original gauges did not work because they were not supported by FSX. I wasn't able to download the file for some reason but checked out the article, not a bad looking aircraft at all, wish they had one for FSX with VC. :D  

I have heard FS Panel Studio is good but you need to remember that it has limited capabilities in the VC. It will change out the gauges but not actually move them around due to modeling limitations. If you learned to switch out new gauges that fast, I have a feeling you don't need it. ;)