Earth Simulations Autogenesis product page up

The first area to be covered by Earth Simulations new Autogenesis product line is up on their store.

http://earthsimulations.com/shop/

It's available to pre-order..release date is marked as 1st week in August for photoscenery / mid July for the 3D autogen and there are separate products for the new photoscenery and 3D autogen products.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris, Thanks for that info. Appreciated.

Some speculation here,   Darren & co' are treading a very fine line, trading off many, many hours of scenery development for the UK hoping for a return to keep their business prosperous & ca

I feel the right thing to do is, for all of us to support Darren and Vikki in what they are doing for our enjoyment. ES has given the flight sim' community some outstanding scenery in the past and ES

Nah Chris, get yourself the biggest HD you can and store it all on there...I have 3Tb ready and waiting... You can pick up a decent sized HD for well under what it will cost to buy it all on individual HDs from ES :P

For example http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-256-SE&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=1955

Cheers K

I think it is a very brave move they are making, I wonder how many people will buy either of these 2 products if they already have gen x ?

I would like to see their website show the differences side by side of the 60 cms and 30 cms scenery as it stands one doesnt know if the pictures on the site are of 60 or 30 cms detail because they have used the same pics for the 2 products.

either way you look at it to have the whole uk will be a major investment in either level of detail.

Well even if you have GenX and are happy with it I imagine a shed load of people will buy the 3D stuff, as they only have Treescapes at the moment to 3D'ify it atm. This will take it to a whole new level. Prob a smaller number of people will buy the photoscenery I guess, but I suspect quite a few people will upgrade parts of the UK that they fly over and not get the whole shebang? Nothing scientific there just my hunch :P

My first thoughts are "60cm Consumer Edition PhotoGenesis and DVD 3D Scenery AutoGenesis". That would solve the "backup" problem, because both products are delivered on DVD. Whilst I would love the 30cm Professional option, additional hard disks would be required for installation and backup purposes, and the delivery disk drives would all need to be returned to avoid paying another £36 per volume. In other words....my heart is saying "30cm", but my head is saying "60cm" :) I wonder what the difference in quality is between the 30cm and 60cm resolution options? Like Brit, I would like to see close up shots showing the difference between the two.

Whatever the case, it is clear that AutoGenesis and PhotoGenesis will be expensive. However, I also know that it will be top quality, and the combined PhotoGenesis/AutoGenesis product will be vastly superior to GenX photoscenery plus Treescapes. The Catch 22 is that I want total coverage of the UK ASAP!!! :D

One good point about getting all 18 volumes is this........since I only fly around the UK and Ireland, once my AutoGenesis set is complete, I will never have to purchase another flight simulator ever again. FSX will rule the universe!

i think the guys are focusing on the price instead of the work and the results achieved

the screenshot links are somewhat hidden; i think some shoots will shade some new lights

the product looks and feel are very good from the pics i saw

this is not an amateur work and there’s more than meets the eye

This is OSM data at its best

good job ASAG

Upgrading to P3D would result in the following issues......

* Possible compatibility problems with several important addons (particularly the PMDG 737NGX and Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang).

* Forking out another sixty dollars for P3D itself.

* Having to endure endless whinging from forum armchair lawyers who seem to think that purchasing the Academic Version of P3D when you are not training to become a real world pilot is a criminal offence.

I am not going to bother with it unless the source photo data is more up to date than the old stuff. I don't want to be flying in pre-millennium scenery, especially at that price. :-(

I am not going to bother with it unless the source photo data is more up to date than the old stuff. I don't want to be flying in pre-millennium scenery, especially at that price. :-(

AFAIK the imagery Scotland is based on is the same as GenX, but the colour correction makes it absolutely worthwhile upgrading that IMHO. The E&W imagery is much more recent than GenX I think Darren said somewhere.

Just received an e-mail from ES describing these products & of course trying to convince me to open my wallet (my Yorkshire wallet is almost as difficult to open as any Scotsman's!).

As Kevin rightly points out, I'm sure that most people will buy the area they fly most frequently before purchasing other areas (if they are happy with the product), but the cost of covering most of the UK is an unknown at the moment, but does appear to be expensive.

As of now, I would be more than happy to be able to purchase photo-scenery for Northern Ireland, even at 120cm resolution.

The advantages of flying low over 30cm photo-scenery may be spoilt by the huge amount of data throughput required from the hard-drive, resulting in blurry scenery even at relatively slow speeds, the difference between 60cm & 120cm was quite noticable.

This can be solved by storing it on an SSD, but the cost will be horrendous! Kevin's calculation of hard drive capacity would seem to be spot-on - approaching 2TB for the photo-scenery with the 3-D scenery probably taking up a sizeable portion of the remaining 1TB to cover the UK & ROI represented by the current GenX scenery.

Ray.

way to go Chris

this is something im very interested in learning where it goes as a developer

showing support to such project will encourage us dev's to push our boundaries and take greater risk

this is a very risky move incorporating so many features in single product,

the truth is; this is how it should be done

Darren and Vikki taken a big risk with this product

i wish them the best of luck with this beautiful project

and hope to see the community embraces this high level scenery; with arms wide open.

Having just been to Scotland, and roughly in that area too, I am going to get it if only to try it out. I am sure not much has changed in the Highlands except a lot more pylons!

If each section is the same price it should cost a little over $2000. for mainland UK by my guess. It does look fantastic and I'm impressed. :thum:

I am wondering about one thing. Do most people only fly in one area as normal practice, as Ray mentioned? Just curious. :)

I have one or two areas that I do probably 60-70% of my flying in, one of those being my home airfield where I learned to fly, and then wander round the UK to various interesting places that I've either been in RL or intend to visit at some point :)

I too have looked at the new and exciting work coming from Darren and Vikki and quite honestly, I think it's excellent but unfortunately, I cannot justify the cost at the moment.

I know in this world you get what you pay for but wifey will say, you already have several versions of Scottish scenery, so why do you need another.

Who knows, in the future I may be in a better financial situation and delve into it, but for now I will have to decline.