aerofly is Stunning!

Just downloaded my review copy of aerofly plus a cherokee 180 add on, set up the joystick and have been flying circuits. All I can say is

WOW!!!

this is years ahead of xplane10 in so many respects as well as FSX when it comes to flight dynamics.

It is so much simpler and logical to setup the joystick compared to XP

a stall in the 172 is a real stall, do it power on and like the real plane you can end up on your back , most realistic the sounds are as good as the A2A 172 (wind noise etc)

the graphics are really great, fully loaded up I am getting 115 FPS !!! this is just ridiculous.

the plane moves on its suspension realistically

No doubt I will find some shortcomings but I now have to wait for my product codes to allow me into other areas and aircraft.

As an initial impression one can make some comparisons with flight as some things dont work yet (I think) but the scenery is something so much better than flight or the stock FSX for that matter .

Very very interesting !!!!!

aeroflyFS-cessna172-suisse-01-20140710-1

aeroflyFS-cessna172-suisse-03-20140710-1

Nigel,

Must look into Aerofly, most comments I've seen about it have either been 'love it' or 'hate it'.

Your mention of flight dynamics is interesting, it's one of the most complex real aircraft features to simulate accurately - I must have spent hundreds of hours checking & calibrating the flight dynamics of 747-200 simulators for a well known airline, creating calibration charts on a chart recorder and matching these against the original Boeing charts. The CAA & FAA always put much emphasis on checking these calibrations on pro flight sims.

I've yet to find a fs2004/fsx 747-200 model that flies like the real aircraft, although I do have a freeware Airbus A380 model that seems to be remarkably close to the feel of flying the 747-200.

One of the remarkable things about our senses is how we can match up or sense the difference between the multi-million £ real aircraft (or pro full-flight sim) & the less than £1000 pc sim sat on our desk.

Ray.

Nigel,

Must look into Aerofly, most comments I've seen about it have either been 'love it' or 'hate it'.

Your mention of flight dynamics is interesting, it's one of the most complex real aircraft features to simulate accurately - I must have spent hundreds of hours checking & calibrating the flight dynamics of 747-200 simulators for a well known airline, creating calibration charts on a chart recorder and matching these against the original Boeing charts. The CAA & FAA always put much emphasis on checking these calibrations on pro flight sims.

I've yet to find a fs2004/fsx 747-200 model that flies like the real aircraft, although I do have a freeware Airbus A380 model that seems to be remarkably close to the feel of flying the 747-200.

One of the remarkable things about our senses is how we can match up or sense the difference between the multi-million £ real aircraft (or pro full-flight sim) & the less than £1000 pc sim sat on our desk.

Ray.

I spent many a day on the ex ba trident sim near biggin hill which had pretty good dynamics . As you say none of the current "sims" have anything close to real dynamics however the aerofly exrtra 330 is an exception you cabn do aeros in it that fsx and xp can only dream of. as for the others the dynamics are still not perfect but they are a lot better than fsx etc it is difficult to describe , but when you experience it you appreciate that the whole simulation and "feel" is mote accurate. as for clmbs to altitude etc speeds at set throttle openings I have yet to get to that stage, as I have only had a few hours on it si far and can only go on gut feeling not hard numbers.

Hi Nigel,

Im glad im not the only Aerofly Fan on the forum! Is the Just Flight Cherokee any good? I wasn't sure if I should get it or not.

The visuals are incredible on this software, I posted a few shots back in the day here if your interested:

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/9238-pitts-s-2b-aerofly-fs/?hl=aerofly

Cheers,

Sam.

I dont have the just flight cherokee, unless that is the same as the A2a one for fsx , which is excellent much better than their 172

however the archer (cherokee) in aerofly is quite good as well i havent flown it enough to evaluate its flight dynamics yet .

as you say the visuals of aerofly are simply stunning, so much better than fsx