2014-08-1314_34_34-Greenshot_zpsc658ea3b

A short stop at Bembridge today to pick up some luggage on the way back from Bristol to Guernsey. Started with low clouds, crossed a dark low front around Salisbury. It started to clear up over Southampton and it was nice between Wight and Guernsey.

Nice one again Loic. :thum: It's always bright on the Isle of Wight, in fact The IoW, Eastbourne and Hastings share the record for the most UK sunshine. :D

Wonder if your cargo was garlic, there's a garlic farm near Sandown growing almost every variety there is. :P YUM!

Nice one again Loic. :thum: It's always bright on the Isle of Wight, in fact The IoW, Eastbourne and Hastings share the record for the most UK sunshine. :D

Wonder if your cargo was garlic, there's a garlic farm near Sandown growing almost every variety there is. :P YUM!

Monday was my 30th wedding anniversary. Both of us took the day off, and on a whim the wife and I went to the I.O.W. for the day. We visited the garlic farm and enjoyed it very much.  The story that they tell there is that in 1942, pilots flying Lysanders on covert missions to France bought back a sack of garlic from which the farm started.

This weekend (16th - 17th August) is the islands Garlic festival. - I missed it by a week.

Monday was my 30th wedding anniversary. Both of us took the day off, and on a whim the wife and I went to the I.O.W. for the day. We visited the garlic farm and enjoyed it very much.  The story that they tell there is that in 1942, pilots flying Lysanders on covert missions to France bought back a sack of garlic from which the farm started.

This weekend (16th - 17th August) is the islands Garlic festival. - I missed it by a week.

Glad you liked my little island John, a day trip doesn't do it justice though. Perhaps for your 60th anniversary you could go for a week. :)  Didn't know the story of how the garlic farm started.