I've Been Using 3 24in Led wide screen Monitors For Some time Now.

Is there a way to widen the angle of view  or zoom bock to be able to see more of the instrement panel and the runway at the same time?

I Can move the camera view back with control keys but then the seat back or the bulkhead blokes the view?

Also is there a way to stop or disable the head movement ?  FSX GOLD 

I find it quite disconcerting when accelerating down the runway to have my view disapear behind the 

seat back or bulkhead??

I've seen u-tube videos using Ezeedock camera?    Would this help?

Hi R. J, welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

Mutley's is the friendliest flight sim forum on the www and I'm sure you will get answers to any questions you have.

None of which we deem to stupid. All questions are valid so ask away and enjoy the forum.

Now, have you tried the CTRL plus -/+ key combo?

This combo lets you zoom in or out but not affecting the scenery.

A lot of the guys here use EZDock and find it invaluable, so you could use that too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Brian

• Like 1

Hi R.J., welcome to the forums here. :welcomeani:

Here's a list of all views; 

SHIFT+Enter= Up
 SHIFT+Backspace=Down
 SHIFT+CTRL+Enter= RIGHT
 SHIFT+CTRL+Backspace= LEFT
 CTRL+Backspace= Forward
 CTRL+Enter= Backwards

I usually zoom to 1.00 and then move my seat back and up when taking off and readjust throughout the flight.

You can also use Wide View, I think. Saw this in my tips gleaned from elsewhere;

" Find the fsx.cfg file (located in C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/ in Windows 7) and opened it with Notepad. Then find the line that says “WideViewAspect=False” and change it to “WideViewAspect=True” and save the file. Start up FSX again and you will see the changes, the view will now be expanded on the sides instead of cropping the top and bottom."

Hope any of this will help! :)

• Like 1

EZdok is a View management and creation tool.  I have it and don't use it as I have had loads of problems with it.  I use a utility called OpusFX now which I find to be a lot more stable, and it has a few nice extras as well.

Having said that there are people that use this forum that are very happy with EZ Dock, I guess it comes down to personal choice.

As for your current problem, it sounds like you have set the seat to far back so that when you zoom back to get a wider view you move the camera behind the seat.

The only way to stop this happening is to use the Eyepoint controls to place the pilot view into a position where zooming out takes you back as far as you can go without going behind the seat.

This is a bit of a catch 22 situation.  Moving the eye point forward decreases your field of view,. but you wont be able to get your self behind the seat when you zoom out.  This process will give you the maximum view of the cockpit than you can get, sadly there is no "fish eye" way of seeing more.

EZ Dock and OpusFX wont be able to so anything to change this limitation. However you can set up a view from any position with these tools so depending on the aircraft you may be able to fit more in.  I sometimes fly a Hercules and have an OPus FX camera position between the pilots and co-pilots seat.  This gives me a wider view as it can be set further back without hindrance. Single seat aircraft are harder to deal with.  For these I set up a normal Pilot VC view and then some cockpit detail views for, say the left and right side panels, so I can then cycle through these views when I want to use them. 

Hope this helps.

JG

Hi R.J., welcome to the forums here. :welcomeani:

Here's a list of all views; 

SHIFT+Enter= Up

SHIFT+Backspace=Down

SHIFT+CTRL+Enter= RIGHT

SHIFT+CTRL+Backspace= LEFT

CTRL+Backspace= Forward

CTRL+Enter= Backwards

I usually zoom to 1.00 and then move my seat back and up when taking off and readjust throughout the flight.

You can also use Wide View, I think. Saw this in my tips gleaned from elsewhere;

" Find the fsx.cfg file (located in C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/ in Windows 7) and opened it with Notepad. Then find the line that says “WideViewAspect=False” and change it to “WideViewAspect=True” and save the file. Start up FSX again and you will see the changes, the view will now be expanded on the sides instead of cropping the top and bottom."

Hope any of this will help! :)

A very big Thank you for your reply to my post...!!!!!!!

For the first time I had the confidence to find and open FSX CFG file and change the setting you suggested....!!!

Worked Well ..  I Can now adjust VC view to see all around the cockpit and out the side windows without having to pan around all the time  ....

Thanks Again.....  Bob Clinton  --    Aka     -      Michelinman

Glad your have gotten it sorted Bob, happy skies. :pilotic:

Don't forget to always make a backup copy of any original file you alter.  You can rename it so it can be kept in the same folder. (FILE_NAMEOriginal.xml) Then I make all the changes in the copied file. Congrats on taking your first dive into an XML file, be careful or you will get hooked on it, it is a lot of fun. :D

• Like 1