Isle of Skye with ES NW Scotland

Here's a quick "First Impressions" video of Earth Simulations' latest offering, North West Scotland 30 cm Professional Photo-scenery. It's a short helicopter flight up the ridge to Blaven (Blà Bheinn) onthe Isleof Skye:

More to come - let me have any comments, Thanks! 

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

Very good looking indeed, but I wouldn't fly like this, it is a slideshow...  Does it come from the video recording eating performance ?

A slideshow, eh? The FPS, during video capture by Screencast-O-Matic, was around 50 to 70 frames/second. Not sure if that corresponds to a slideshow. Note that there's little or no autogen here - it's basically just 30 cm photo-scenery on a higher definition mesh.

I admit that there's a blip in the recording at around 2:17, where I had to pause FSX. The sound goes off, momentarilly - poor editing (WMM 6.2) on my part, I'm afraid!

So far, the Chillblast Tiger Moth (i7 + GTX 860M combo) that I'm using, has had no performance problems with the ES AutoGenESis scenery.

Cheers - Dai :old-git:

Well I enjoyed the thrill ride :thum:  but didn't hear any of your first impressions of the scenery. :( The jury is still out for me but it looks like you are having fun so that's all that counts. :)   

Thanks for making the vid Dai, fun ride with some beautiful mountain ranges. :cool:

O.K., Loic, I see your point. The stuttering, or jerkiness, is more apparent at the start and when there's a changing foreground. This might be the video capture, especially as I didn't turn the firewall off when recording. I'll shut the firewall down and try again. Also, if I've time, I'll go back to FRAPS and see if the Chillblast laptop handles that better.

Thanks for your comments - appreciated. :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

Let's keep the good side, it's a beautiful landscape - and I loved my real trip to the Isle of Skye and Scotland in general (just flew a couple of Air Hauler flights from Inverness and back (see screenshots) Only wanted to draw your attention there might be a problem with the video capture because it was really jerky. I try to be constructive...  (most of the time  :D )

Dai, if you had upwards of 60fps it must be something in the video capture or processing that's causing the visible jerkiness. I suspect screencaptureomatic has cut down the frames to reduce the video file size maybe? Never used that so I don't know.... It possibly it's something with WMM which again I have zero experience with? :P

My experiences with videos, limited as it is, is that I captured with FRAPS then used adobe premiere to output the final video to YouTube.

That was a long winded way if saying I haven't a clue :)

Dai, it looked fine on my PC mate.

But I have to say, via-a-vis your PM, I've changed my mind. :D

It looks superb, so thanks for the vid' and the Scottish dance music.

I was tapping my foot as you flew.