something worth considering before buying a planner

Had a short flight today using pmdg NGX  from EGHI to LFPO , and was a bit surprised at the low frame rate as I also had aivlasoft EFB fired up. So kicked the EFB into touch and received 20 more FPS!!

so after finishing my flight i fired up process explorer to see what the EFB was using resource wise, I had a shock!!

the aivlasoft data provider was using 105,600 and

the display unit was using 526,016

Total            631,616

I felt this was excessive so fired up flight sim commander and it used 153,100

To put this into perspective my FSX setup with quite a bit of scenery loaded uses  1,445,808 so only slightly more than twice what the EFB uses. This may not mean much to you but fsx goes bottoms up when the resources get over 3,250,000 ish

Now if you fire up the ngx, an lod of 6.5 or more with some scenery and you can get very close to that 3.2 million bites and the efb will certainly push you over the top, so even though FSC doesnt have quite all the bells and whistles as EFB it wont bring your sim crashing down around your ears..

What about running the Display Unit on another PC, or is it the Data Provider using all the memory?

that would certainly alleviate the situ  , but would you still be able to link the a/c position to the sim? i suppose one must be able to using wide FS

Sorry John,

it is a a phrase from Rugby (but I believe the same function (different phrase) is used iin american football)  , if you are in a bad situation in the game and the flow is going against you in order to allow your team to reorganise you kick the ball over the touch line (out of bounds) and that ends that play . The term can be used in several ways. In this particular case I used to indicate that I was taking the planner out of the game as there was another which didnt use as much in the way of resources.

it can also be used for indicating to someone that you got rid of a girlfriend "I kicked her into touch"

and no doubt a few others here will be able to supply other examples of how it can be used

I hope this helps?