Extracting a mdl file question.

Hello. I'm a new memeber & this is my first post.

I have a scenery bgl file given me years ago by a kind man, & I want to extract a mdl file from it. NewBglAnalyze tells me it cannot do it as the source file is an old-style file.....it's for FS9 by the way.

I cannot get my BglAnalyze9 to work. I click on it & a small window flashes onto my desktop & vanishes. I'm stumped...can someone tell me how to work it? I have a small jpg to show how it looks on my desktop but I can't find how to attach/insert it.

Thanks.

Terry.

You can see what the error window says by opening a Command Prompt window (Start Button -> All Programs -> Accessories folder -> Command Prompt), using a CD command to change directory to the folder that contains your old BGLAnalyse9 and entering the file name.

The error text will display in the Command Prompt window and will not disappear. Not sure that will lead to a solution to your problem but it's a logical next step.

John

Hi Terrance and welcome to Mutley's Hagar. :)

Is the BGL scenery file you are trying to decompile in the same folder as the BglAnalyze9?  I have always found it works better that way, I just make a copy of the BGL and copy it to the analyzer folder, then making the drop&drag to complete the decompile.

I'm not sure I know how to change the directory in command promt John - what to type, eg?

Brett, They're in the same folder.  When I drop the bgl onto BglAnalyze9, a black command style window appears & very quickly disappears.....that's it....nothing else.!!

At the prompt in the Command Prompt window, type (without the quotes): "cd C:\Program Files\Some Silly Subfolder\etc", using, of course the full and correct path to the folder containing the program you're trying to run. After executing the CD command, the prompt in the Command Prompt window will list the current directory, which should be the same as what you entered. Be sure to include the space between the cd and the rest...

John