EFASS FREE Flight Planner

I have used the search engine and cannot see that this has been duscussed or mentioned

May I recommend that those who want a really good flight planner that links into vatsim or ivao give this a long look. It appears to be a cross between Aivla EFB and PFPX it is very comprehensive even giving you the active natracks of the day. plus it is easy on the eye

More importantly it is free and very very good

From their website:

What is EFASS?

EFASS (short for Electronic Flight Assistant) is the ultimate Flightplanning and Moving-Map tool for virtual pilots. EFASS lets you quickly export your flightplan to common Addons and is compatible to all common Flight Simulators like X-Plane, FSX, Prepar3d and FS2004.

Some Features

• Compatible to FSX/X-Plane 10/FS9/Prepar3d (v2)
  • Flight-Planning / Route creation
  • Moving Map
  • Display Network-Traffic
  • Display Network-ATC
  • North-Atlantic-Tracks/NATs (hourly updated)
  • Oceanic NOTAMs
  • Supports any Whazzup-Based Online Aviation Network
  • Route Display
  • Weather-Map Upper-Winds (GFS) / Forecasts / SIGMET / AIRMET / TAF / METAR
  • Weather-Charts: SIGWX / Winds Aloft / Satellite Cloud Images
  • Aerodrome NOTAMs
  • Detailed Ground Map-View with Aerodrome Layouts
  • Night Mode
  • Satellite- / Detail- / Geographic- / Schematic-View
  • Generates PAX Lists
  • Radio-Bar: Quickly switch to relevant controllers
  • Flight Logbook incl. Delay-Tracking
  • Chart-Management (automatic Chart-Selection depending on the flight stage) and Viewer
  • Simulator-Integration Bar for quickly switching between ATCs, displaying useful information depending on flight stage
  • Aircraft Manager (Create own A/C-Templates for Fuel calculation etc..)
  • Automatically reads Online ATC-ATIS for runway prediction
  • Taxi-Mode: Automatically zooms ground layout during taxi
  • Multi-PC Ready. For example, you can use EFASS on a laptop that is connected via network to your Simulator-PC
  • Export to various Addons/Pilot-Clients(Extendable by plugin system)
  • Extendable/Tweakable via Addons
  • Updatable NavData via Navigraph Airacs / Aerosoft NavDataPro
  • TELEX-System for communication
  • Custom Tabs for quick Web-Ressouce access
  • Online Dispatcher for virtual Airlines
  • SDK (Software Development Kit) included
  • Integrated Forum for Support
  • Online Flight Recorder
  • PIREP System with API-Documentation
  • ...and many more...

to find out more look here:

http://froom.de/efass/

P.S. the more I play with this the more impressed i become  just booked a flight to nice with 172 pax and it gave me a list of the names of all 172pax ,their sex and age, how cool is that? the seat positions were x'ed out maybe that will come soon?

Nigel, this looks so real world it's untrue - a combination of Plan-G and the up-coming Air Hauler 2? I don't think I'll ever achieve the ability to use such a comprehensive package - but thanks for the heads up! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

This software is not free.  It is Trialware and comes with a limited 14 day free trial period.  After the 14 days, "...you can decide, if you want to pay for EFASS, or if you want to continue using the free version...". 

Not surprisingly, they make no mention of the cost and provide no list differentiating the features of the full and free versions.  Based on typical Trialware, any free version will have a substantially reduced features list.

Bummer - - - it sounded promising but at $30+ including a free virus, I'll give it a pass. Plan-G works for my purposes and is truly free. Besides which, I know the developer - never a bad thing.

John

By the way, I'm also putting STARs, SIDs and approach charts in Plan-G as pdfs and they show up on the same fly-out menu as the airport diagrams. Very handy. It's necessary to rename the files so the ICAO of the airport is at the beginning, but it works.

John

I've talked to Tim and he's going to add Windows Shortcuts to the file types that will show in the flyout, making it possible to put anything in there. I particularly want to use that for STARs that apply to more than one airport - I'll be able to put the STAR pdf in once, named for one airport, and a handful of Shortcuts pointing to it, each one named for one of the other applicable airports. Each airport will include the applicable STARs in the flyout menu, along with airport chart, IAPs and SIDs, or anything else anyone wants to link in.

John

As a side note to the efass flight planner, it's author is currently in hospital (and has been for awhile) so there's very little happening in terms of bug fixing. Certainly using it with x plane is a frustrating experience, with program disconnects and the odd x plane crash for the weather injection portion of the planner.

no virus here just false positives, it seems a shame that everyone is so negative , it works well for me with no issues maybe it is something to do with the british mentality against something new that works well, I cant answer for x=plane as that isnt interesting for me.

I HATE shareware or trialware that keeps working after the trial period but either, a) limits what you can do, or b), nags you for payment.  I'd rather it just shut down and didn't work after the trial time is up.  

Hmm thought I would have a look but got this so it won't be installed on my PC  :huh:

Untitled-1.jpg~original

Joe,

This is the inSSIDer 4 installer file for EFASS, which is known to be misidentified by ESET Security as the Packed.Confused.G virus. Check it out here.

https://support.metageek.net/hc/en-us/articles/200734044-inSSIDer-4-for-Windows-Anti-Virus-False-Positive

Adrian

I HATE shareware or trialware that keeps working after the trial period but either, a) limits what you can do, or b), nags you for payment.  I'd rather it just shut down and didn't work after the trial time is up.  

Amen to that!

I will stick to Plan G and John's Diagrams. Tim has, and continues to do, a fantastic job with Plan G. John's diagrams are second to none. Well done to both of you!

.....And If I ever need support for either of the above, which I never have, I know I can get it right here.  So why would I want to change? 

• Like 1

As a mostly GA flier, PlanG just keeps getting better and better. Dealing with an annoying popup is a small price to pay if you do not currently have a planner, not a bad deal at all. From what I see it is pretty cool but I couldn't tell if you can save a flight plan using the free one. Me, I am happy with using a couple of the free sites that just give you a simple flight plan string and manually put it in PlanG or an onboard FMC and spend my time flying.

Thanks for the heads up Nigel, haven't had time to see download it and give it a looksee yet, I actually still have the FSC demo installed(doesn't bother me with popups but doesn't allow saves) and hardly ever use it. :)

UPDATE: Tried to install and found to be to intrusive, sent to the G-File. :(  Still would like to know the price and why they need access to my PC.