Aerosoft Night Environment - Global Coverage and Completed Region map

Way to go Chris. :thum: And you have a way to go to fulfil THAT list. Keep up the good work, just don't burn yourself out. :stars:

As I like to fly real time on these dark northern winter nights it's always the question. Which one do I get next? :D

• Like 1

Thank you Geoff
i thought it would be helpful to show our current and future coverage
as you can see the list is long and we have our work cut out for us

we have a strong team and we don't shay away from challenges
if we did; we wouldn't have Night Environment the way it is today :thum:

• Like 1

lol, im pretty sure Dai was joking

Greenland would be a huge project

i suspect some of you aren't fully aware of what NE delivers

even if Greenland had a single road in it;

we still end up rendering a full Photoreal night texture coverage for the whole country

there are two main parts to NE, the 3D light portion above ground

and the splash; which is not repetitive textures; its one full photoreal night layer

that includes our 3D light splash hand placed on it to match our 3D lights above

01s.jpg

05s.jpg

07s.jpg

these are NEUK's night tiles loaded into TMFViewer

as you can see; its a full night layer Photoreal coverage for the whole country,

these are not repetitive textures as night replacement; this is country wide full blown night replacement

British_Isles_1.jpg

• Like 1

Chris, to see the scale of what has been released so far and is in the pipeline shows that this must be IMO a successful venture so far. I'm sure this output couldn't be sustained without significant sales.

If so, I congratulate you on the success of NE and thank you and your team for creating a product that really enhances the FS experience.

Well done. :hat::thum:

• Like 1

indeed Night Environment is a very successful product line,

but it’s not an easy task; and there are allot of competitors (imitators) out there; constantly driving under our efforts,

from a revenue prospective; we are (and will remain) a very attractive low cost add-on,

we rely on volume sales; the more regions we release,

our customer base is increasing daily,

feedback from the community is very good and positive all around; we are definitely here to stay! :thum:

• Like 1

indeed Night Environment is a very successful product line,

but it’s not an easy task; and there are allot of competitors (imitators) out there; constantly driving under our efforts,

from a revenue prospective; we are (and will remain) a very attractive low cost add-on,

we rely on volume sales; the more regions we release,

our customer base is increasing daily,

feedback from the community is very good and positive all around; we are definitely here to stay! :thum:

Chris - I know exactly what you mean on all counts and totally agree especially re feedback - I'm not surprised folks love the work. 

Glad to hear you're here to stay and great going with your brilliant (pun intended) product! Just remember to take a night off now and then...  :P

ian

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

That's cool, I still fly from the Plum Island addon scenery into Long Island once in awhile. The whole area could use a little brightening up but Long Island and the five boroughs are so crowded it should be absolutely glowing. :D