How to use touchscreen monitors in Fsx

I want to get a more realistic feel in flight simulation and use a touchscreen monitor instead of the mouse for gauges and instruments calibration.  My question is what is out there that will work for me in the way of hardware and software?  Thanks

Hi Lewis and welcome to the forums here at Mutley's Hagar. :welcomeani:

I will let the experts weigh in here, you can take my advice with a grain of salt :D  but I would think you would need something like the SimTouch2 for something like that. When it first came out there were some complaints about functionality but that was awhile ago, maybe they have gotten better. Personally, I am not to sure if I would want greasy finger smears all over my screen but I can see how it would be nice for some secondary panels.

I haven't heard anymore about it so if you do take the plunge I would love to hear how you made out with it. Maybe we are missing something. :)

Hi Lewis, on the face of it , a perfectly logical thing to want to do however,the easiest way is to use windows 8.1 and there in lies the problem fsx does not work as well with win 8 as it does with 7, most people who use 8 for fsx inevitably give up and return to 7 so perhaps Bretts idea is best.

I am also using win 10 at the moment however there are memory leaks that stop me using fsx in that.

as for a monitor, well i think you will need a fairly large one to make it worthwhile certainly over 24" however you will need to peruse the reviews to see who makes one that gives a good refresh speed at the same time. I could be wrong but i think most touch monitors are made for an office environment so speed is not an issue as it is in games , no doubt someone else here will correct me if I am wrong

You might find this useful:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond

Looks like tapping (left click), tap-and-hold (right click), swiping (panning left/right) and pinching (zooming), are simple touch-screen gestures that possibly might work in the VC - depending on the designer's approach. More complex gestures are, I think, designed for file/folder manipulation or editing and wouldn't be of use in actual flying.

Good Luck! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I believe I will stick with my keyboard that I have programed with Rodger Dodger key tabs to do the gauge adjustments etc.  I felt like the touch-screen monitor might be a little slow and with you saying so will stick with what I have got.  Thanks again and love this forum.