Flight Simulator Convention Weston Super Mare 2015

The management of the Helicopter Museum have now set a date for the 2015 show.

It will take place over the weekend of Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th of July 2015 so a lot later in the year than previous shows.

We will post more detail as it becomes available in the coming months.

Chris, the Weston show has been well attended in the past with at least the same number of stands as Cosford. We didn't go this year after Cosford 2013 was such a success and the Weston management changed the set up. I'm not sure, but Joe may organise a Hangar presence for next year at Weston, if enough of us are interested.

Here's a quick video of Weston in 2013:

Personally, I love the museum, but then I'm a rotor-head...

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

Hi Chris,

It is a very friendly show but has gone downhill a bit over the past couple of years. Some of the large flight sim developers are reticent to go as they barely cover their costs. The show is more about individuals and flight sim clubs etc. the non-commercial side of our hobby and it can make for a refreshing change.

Dai is right, we didn't go last year and I don't intend to take a stand next year. However, it is early days yet so watch this space.

Thanks for the video Dai.  :thum:

• 2 weeks later...

I went this year last May 17. Although not as big as Hangar 1 in Cosford, but if you are an enthusiasts then you will sure enjoy the day. I even saw germans and allies in uniform having their picture taken at the back of the hangar and some showcase their massive rc tanks. One booth selling their old stuff so i bought all their charts of England for a £1 each! Its a great experience and im sure will be coming back for next year's event.