Gee, that Chipmunk really screwed up my sim.

First of all, it was invisible when loaded. Everything got installed the right way, all folders in the right place and it was in the menu where you choose aircraft, But when loading it was invisible, except one tiny little piece of texture floating in the air and engine wouldnt start. The invisible aircraft moved when doing ctrl+e but didnt start. I uninstalled, reinstalled etc. No change.

The worst was that my other aircraft except the Maule didnt work. I did a fake install of the chipmunk, into a folder on another drive, cheating it to believe there was a sim there, by copying the prepar3d.exe in there. This install I used to see if everything had been uninstalled. And NO... there where still things left in the effects folder. Out they went and it seems like the other aircraft I have will now start and fly....  Is it that difficult to make an uninstall program??? My eyes are totally square now and I will check if everything works tomorrow.

darn, it can be a nightmare buying and installing a cheap little aircraft.

Well, the chipmunk is right now uninstalled but the little bugger has left my system wit a serious problem:

Before installing it I had a system that worked without any problems at all. After installing it, I can only make new flights with the default P3D aircraft. On all addon aircraft, being native P3Dv2 or FSX ported over, the engine will go out and refuse to start. Doesnt matter what I do. I can load my  (before chipmunk) saved   flights and all aircraft work (exept the Chipmunk). If I make a new flight with a default plane, start it and then change to an addon plane, the engine goes out EVERY time. 

The biggest problem with the Chipmunk IS NOT the fact that its invisible, but the fact that it doesnt start and it has triggered the sim to make all other addon aircraft work the same............ Thats REALLY annoying.  I cant just throw it away and forget about it, it has created a serious problem!!!!!

I am in contact with them but untill now they have only said "light" stuff. Basically, software is the way it is and it was me this time and someone else another time. Its not always something that can be fixed. I know that.

Maybe I´ll have to reinstall the whole flightsim and everything. :stars:  Another week with square eyes and little flying. I hope i dont have to reinstall windows as well. Its a one month old instalation of everything.  The problem is that software problems end up taking the energy from the important thing. simming. It ends up being software simming and not flight simming. :)

But so much for a true P3Dv2 installer. 

The Canberra is flying beautifully in FSX. Stunning!

But so much for a true P3Dv2 installer. 

The Chipmunk is a P3D v1 product, so you could have seen that one coming...

Before writing things like this could you please make sure you know what you´re talking about. What you write doesnt help anyone and least yourself. It just negative blah-blah that puts you in a bad light. OK

The Chipmunk comes with a tripple installer and if you read their sales page, you will se that as well.

http://www.justflight.com/articles/black-friday

DHC-1 Chipmunk (Download for FSX/P3Dv1/P3Dv2)

Anders, I stand corrected. I must have confused the Chipmunk with some other JF product. :sorry:

I am not too worried about the light I'm in, everybody misses something once in a while and I am no exception. So you could lighten up on that note - it is 'only' a forum.

The Canberra is still stunning however. :thumbup:

Thanks for correcting and you´re right, its only a forum, but comments like the one you made (before correcting) are not constructive at all. They dont help anyone and they are pretty annoying for the person with the problem, so better not write comments like that. Its only negative energy. Unfortunately, the internet is full of comments like that, so its easy to get picky about them. OK and no problems from my side.

If anyone is interested, I have now found the solution of the chipmunk problems I had. It was the Simconnect.dll that wasnt installed. It seems like its a problem that sometimes happens with P3D itself. I found out myself, but I want to add that the service from Justflight was excellent. I never had the feeling that they would just leave me alone with this one. I have told them my solution and they have send it on to the others with the same problem.

Btw. Its a very nice plane. It reminds me of the countless hours in Bill Lyons Fs2002/2004 chipmunk. Its one of the easyest small taildraggers to fly and especially to land, so I give it a little extra crosswind. :) :)

Me too Matt, saving my pennies for the JF Fokker 27 and the iFly 747-400 but I did pick up the PBY Catalina and am thoroughly enjoying it. The Bronco looks tempting too... mmm now I think of it. :)

They are both excellent for Airhauler.

FYI, I have to use the "Checklist" to start Bronco. There are a few options on the first page to either set it to "Cold and Dark", "Cold and Dark (+something else  :th_blush:  )", and "Ready to Taxi"...the later being oh so very helpful to get this thing into the air. It's also a bit "Pitchy", and doesn't have an easy Autopilot...I added the GNS 530 and Cessna Radio Stack to the panel as Popup windows, so that I don't have to hand fly it constantly.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested, I have now found the solution of the chipmunk problems I had. It was the Simconnect.dll that wasnt installed. It seems like its a problem that sometimes happens with P3D itself. I found out myself, but I want to add that the service from Justflight was excellent. I never had the feeling that they would just leave me alone with this one. I have told them my solution and they have send it on to the others with the same problem.

Btw. Its a very nice plane. It reminds me of the countless hours in Bill Lyons Fs2002/2004 chipmunk. Its one of the easyest small taildraggers to fly and especially to land, so I give it a little extra crosswind. :) :)

I too have an invisible Chipmunk. I guess I need to do the same as you. My question is, how do I do this?

The solution is simple, but I can see that you are using FSX and so it might be different. I use P3D and the simconnect.dll can be found in one of the P3D folders and installed in a second.

I´m not on my sim-pc now (I never am when browsing) so I cant look up where simconnect is in P3D and in FSX it will be different. (maybe a microsoft download? )

My suggestion is that you contact Justflight and tell them your problem and eventually mention the simconnect issue. Justflight have a fast and kind costumer service and I wrote them how I fixed the problem..

You can also contact Aeroplane heaven who made the Chipmunk:   http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/   While you are there, enjoy the pictures of their next 2 releases A Globe Swift and a DH Dove.

Anyways, good luck. And its worth the time. The Chipmunk is a very nice addon. I still fly it more than any other AC that size.