And for Christmas, you are getting...

Thanks for your input guys.

Mig welders seem to be much more expensive than Arc welders and I am on a limited budget.  I will try to get by on an arc welder for now and see how that goes.

J.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

500 rounds of .45 cal, 230 grain, round-nose jacketed ammunition, a new edition of the Florida Gun Laws book and a new concealed carry holster. John

No problem and you can even help me burn some of them up.  Good clean fun... and not quite so easy to do in California.   John

Peace and goodwill on Earth.   But as that is unlikely I'll have iFly's 747-400 and the Fokker 27... oh and not forgetting...   Cont'd page 82

I'm hoping to get some more planes for FSX, lol. Looking at the Just Flight and Carenado sales at the moment. Looking for some more planes to use with Air Hauler, lol. That U206 Stationair with the 2 cargo doors on the side looks pretty nice for $8.99! But I also want the C208 with that Supercargomaster expansion for it. I bet that would be sweet in Air Hauler. I got the Constellation Pro so am looking at the addons for that too along with the 757 freemium addons. Too many planes I want and not sure I'll have the money budgeted in time, haha, though I do have some rewards saved up that could get me one or two until I can safely spend discretionary cash once the money crunch has eased.

..... Too many planes I want and not sure I'll have the money budgeted in time, haha, though I do have some rewards saved up that could get me one or two until I can safely spend discretionary cash once the money crunch has eased.

Sounds like a plan. :)

I havent heard of mig welding the machine I am getting is advertised as an arc welder, am I correct in thinking that a mig welder is a different machine all together?

How does a mig welder work?

A Mig welder is a  guy who builds aeroplanes in Russia..

I havent heard of mig welding the machine I am getting is advertised as an arc welder, am I correct in thinking that a mig welder is a different machine all together?

How does a mig welder work?

A Mig welder is a  guy who builds aeroplanes in Russia..

Now all is clear.  That makes a TIG welder someone who melts one of Poo Bear's mates to the nearest lump of metal.

This is primarily for John, as I know he's getting an X55 for Xmas...

X55 Ghosting Issue and resolution.

It seems many are having issues with the X55 and random key presses. It's mostly with the throttle.

You move the throttle and all manner of things happern that shouldn't. Doesn't happen for everyone, but it seems to be caused by insufficient power to the throttle. Seems USB 2.0 doesn't provide enough milliamps to handle the fluctuations from the throttle.

The answer is to either run the stick and throttle from a powered hub or to plug into the USB 3.0 ports at the rear of your PC.

I'm hoping to get some more planes for FSX, lol. Looking at the Just Flight and Carenado sales at the moment. Looking for some more planes to use with Air Hauler, lol. That U206 Stationair with the 2 cargo doors on the side looks pretty nice for $8.99! But I also want the C208 with that Supercargomaster expansion for it. I bet that would be sweet in Air Hauler. I got the Constellation Pro so am looking at the addons for that too along with the 757 freemium addons. Too many planes I want and not sure I'll have the money budgeted in time, haha, though I do have some rewards saved up that could get me one or two until I can safely spend discretionary cash once the money crunch has eased.

The 206 is a very nice plane for AH. Actually cheep enough to buy outright after you sell the initial C172 so you can use it for your starter plane in career mode...although you will start the game with an insured plane,  a full tank of gas, and about 90,000 dollars of debt :P But a motivated pilot can make that back fairly quickly in a 206.

The cargomaster is a must have for AH...but the stock version actually works quite well if you are stretching pennies...and speaking of stretching pennies...snap up all the 3 buck planes you can...give up coffee for a week if you have to. :) (Beware the Sim Version on the 3  buck planes...many of  them  are fs2004 versions only).

Cheers and happy holiday flying!

Well I got myself an early Xmas present, Captain Sim's B52. Not in a sale, although I bet it will be next week. It's in their 'Fun range' FUN RANGE!? It sure is fun but I wouldn't call it lite and of course it's up to their usual visual quality. Had my eye on it for a while and just had to get it. Glad I did. :)

So I'm off to Lapuda on Jack D. Ripper's orders to drop a few bombs on the Ruskies.

Geoff - an e-mail I got on Saturday:

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 23 DEC 2014 (UTC) any FSX add-on is €9.99! Visit www.captainsim.com

Important: 24 hours only. At 00:00 24 DEC 2014 (UTC) all prices are back to regular

Stay tuned,

Captain Sim News

Geoff - an e-mail I got on Saturday:

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 23 DEC 2014 (UTC) any FSX add-on is €9.99! Visit www.captainsim.com

Important: 24 hours only. At 00:00 24 DEC 2014 (UTC) all prices are back to regular

Stay tuned,

Captain Sim News

:huh:  :gaah::cray::censored:

I'm hoping to get some more planes for FSX, lol. Looking at the Just Flight and Carenado sales at the moment.

I picked up the Carenado PC-12 recently. PC-12 is one of my favourite planes.

Carenado have done okay. Stall speeds are spot on, the characteristic minus 2.5 pitch on approach that the PC-12 is famous for is spot on.

Autopilot doesn't function like the real thing though, but fixable if you send Bert Pieke on avsim a PM.

What they did get totally wrong though is Vref at flap 15. No less than 30 knots too fast. Not that I land at flap 15 very often, and Vref at flaps 30 and 40 is spot on.

Worth getting, especially if you have the Reality XP Garmin to slot in.