Traveling home for the holidays

I had a great holiday and hope everyone else did as well. Here are some randoms from the return trip. I had to file IFR coming back but the weather quickly improved.

IMG_20130114_113416.jpg

IMG_20130214_144304.jpg

IMG_20130214_144258.jpg

IMG_20130214_163435.jpg

IMG_20130215_102211.jpg

My copilot with a death grip:

IMG_20130214_155019.jpg

Usually I take a more direct route when I have a passenger. The Appalachians are fun low and slow when I'm by myself. I hope everyone has safe travels.

Lastly, here is a video of us coming into 1A6. Even though my family lives in East Tennessee, this airport in Kentucky is the closest to their house. It's only a five minute drive to Tennessee from the airport. This approach was breezy and bumpy which is typical of 1A6 as it's located in a bowl-shaped valley. Our plane in the pictures and video is a 1980 Cessna Cutlass with lots of miles on her but she is meticulously cared for.

• Like 2

Nice landing, :thum: love those mountains. I might be a bit prejudiced but I think the Appalachian Mountain chain(especially the Blue Ridge and Smokey) are the prettiest out there. 

I guess I was wrong, looking at the death grip photo, I thought it was a Stationair. Shows what I know. :D It is a beauty for sure.