PMDG - 777 200LR/F released for P3dv2

product_header_777LRF_p3d.jpg

PMDG is proud to offer the PMDG 777-200LR/F for Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (v2.2-v2.4)*

*Product tested with Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v2.2-v2.4. Compatibility information with Prepar3D versions will be updated as new Prepar3D versions are made available, and may require software updates depending upon changes made by Lockheed Martin Corporation. 

The ultimate simulation of the Boeing's incredible Long Hauler is now available in Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D! 

Experience an airliner simulation unlike any in the history of simulation with this feature rich and magnificently detailed simulation of the Boeing 777-200LR and Boeing 777F. Packed with detail, authenticity and a plethora of options to keep you learning and experiencing new avenues of flight simulation flying. 

Created by experts for the enjoyment of experts, the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package will please new flight simulation enthusiasts looking for their first true airliner experience while it simultaneously thrills experienced simmers looking for the kind of depth and authenticity that only PMDG can provide. 

PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package will give you almost everything you could want in an airliner package. 

The PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package spares no detail with incredibly accurate cockpit displays, a full-featured flight management system, highly accurate LNAV/VNAV and auto-thrust modes, precise and realistic ground and satellite approach navigation capability, dozens upon dozens of optional pieces of equipment with which you can customize your 777 cockpit and literally hundreds of potential mechanical failure scenarios that you can activate to challenge your flying skills and your airplane knowledge. 

PMDG has once again raised the bar on visual quality with an incredibly detailed, accurate and functional virtual cockpit, hundreds of switch animations along with their accompanying sounds, a visually stunning exterior model accurate to the finest detail. 

This product contains the base package that all users must install in order to use the PMDG 777-200/300 series of products.

This package includes the 777-200LR and 777F aircraft type. 

The aircraft performance and operating characteristics for each type of aircraft is unique and highly accurate to their real-world counterparts. 

Hmm....

$90 USD until March 7th, and then $135 (especially if you've alread paid $90 for the FSX version???).

It's a great aircraft, no question; but come on, PMDG, you could be pricing some of us out of the market!

(And this is a *friendly* comment from someone who rates PMDG aicraft very highly....).

Cheers,

Bruce

a.k.a. brian747

The mistake people are now making is believing that us simmers are still the primary market. Capt RR has been very candid about the strategic direction of PMDG, which is towards professional training, and the big bucks that go with it. Get on board or don't, but disagreeing with the pricing structure is only likely to result in disappointment. :P

Randazzo has always had a weather eye out for the main chance, and the rise of PMDG is a testament to that.

But if he is in fact abandoning the volume market represented by mainstream simmers in favour of the training market, then he deserves not to succeed, if only for sheer disloyalty.

But I wonder, is he really that stupid?

Cheers,

B.

PMDG arent abandoning anything. RR was even more candid in saying earlier last night that they deliberately didnt cater for the academic side of the P3D market because the revenues from such a discounted product line wouldnt justify the licencing and insurance costs associated with it. As with most things nowadays, follow the money, nothing else :)

To be honest, whilst its not cheap, its peanuts for what you get for your money. I'm sorry for those people who feel they have been priced out of the market though :(

well it isnt all bad news , at least it works in all flavours of P3D , I had expected/ understood  that they would make different versions/licence costs  for different flavours of P3D.

however i do think that Chris has a point and that PMDG should make an effort to those loyal supporters that have already invested in pmdg , expecting them to shell out the full cost again will only leave a taste in the mouth and affect future sales of future products, as people dont like to be shafted, after all up to now everyone has given away the P3D upgrades foc. If insurance costs are the sticking point then sell the P3D version at a cost that covers the extra cpsts but not the whole caboodle. I certainly wont be buying it again. and besides what happens when p3d goes 64 bit? will we be expected to shell out yet again?

Having looked at the PMDG forum this morning virtually the first 24 pages are taken up with unhappy people having to shell out twice, and they are deleting postings wholesale ,as they do, however their attitude is pay up or shut up.

a bit sad really but there it is.

Re 64bit I'd refer you to Capt RRs post which answers that q explicitly and his later post today which I referred to above. Dont have the links to hand sorry (on mobile device dodgy connection) but there is a lot of freely available knowledge :) K

Hmm, I assume that you're referring to http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/#entry3173088 , Kevin?

(TBH I avoid going onto the PMDG forum unless I absolutely have to — it's such a fractious and dysfunctional community that it wearies me very quickly).

It seems to me that the only valid argument he makes for charging twice (i.e. not giving a discount to FSX owners) is that "... there really is no precedent for it in PMDG's market history...". But since they haven't produced add-ons for two platforms before, that's not a particularly strong argument, either.

Hey ho, I'm quite sure he has done the sums. As he says: "When we announced development for P3D 18 months ago, we were very candid about the fact that our P3D products will be significantly more expensive than our FSX products." So he appears to be implying that it's P3D's fault that he is jacking up the prices?

Whatever. I still think that $140 U.S. (even at the present favourable exchange rates, that's £91.80) for a simulated aircraft is silly money.

At the end of the day, we'll all vote with our wallets (or not).   :P

Cheers,

B.

To be fair, I don't think that PMDG are trying to shaft anyone with this. It's just that they have more complex licensing issues to address than most addon developers. I assume that the P3D version of the 737NGX will also be released with a one month "discount to FSX price" phase before it returns to the standard P3D price. The only annoying aspect for me is that I will also have to shell out again for the 600/700 addon package, even though these are actually the only two versions that I want.