The steam age

Glad to see familiar names after so long. Decided to invest in SE when it was on offer and it had sat around going nowhere,so I bit the bullet and began work on it on Saturday. Still a lot to sort out, looks like it found my old cfg, getting lots of missing scenery notices and will have to configure the joystick with trim, but otherwise working well.

image004_zpskm8nb6ul.jpg

image002_zpstb6ldnz8.jpg

image001_zpszdxoq5bs.jpg

Getting a few extra FPS, but could be just wishful thinking based on some reports, gradually moving north through the US with scenery. Should be on some VA work next week.

• Like 2

Looking good there - I moved to SE as soon as it came out as I needed a full re-install anyway. I have quite a dinosaur machine and was worried about all the config and tweaking that I had done previously. I'm now at a point where it looks good and feels smooth.

As for performance enhancement of SE - if I fly Orbx scenery I have not seen much increase in performance; but this may still be due to extra tweaks needed on my behalf. If I fly using gen X and some UK2000 scenery I now get a good solid 30fps - previously I was hitting about 17 lol.

So it depends really I think - the jury is still out and I will be continuing my tweaks and balancing.

The one thing I hate is the blurry scenery - something I have had since I started with FSX and never going to resolve until I upgrade my PC :)

You seem to be on the right track there so keep up the good work - if you find anything that enhances the performance feel free to shout it out :D 

Looking good there - I moved to SE as soon as it came out as I needed a full re-install anyway. I have quite a dinosaur machine and was worried about all the config and tweaking that I had done previously. I'm now at a point where it looks good and feels smooth.

As for performance enhancement of SE - if I fly Orbx scenery I have not seen much increase in performance; but this may still be due to extra tweaks needed on my behalf. If I fly using gen X and some UK2000 scenery I now get a good solid 30fps - previously I was hitting about 17 lol.

So it depends really I think - the jury is still out and I will be continuing my tweaks and balancing.

The one thing I hate is the blurry scenery - something I have had since I started with FSX and never going to resolve until I upgrade my PC :)

You seem to be on the right track there so keep up the good work - if you find anything that enhances the performance feel free to shout it out :D

go dx 10 and blurry scenery will be a thing of the past

Afaik, DX 10 its not working with ATI. Well, its working but it starts flickering (and throw some artefacts) as soon as it sees a piece of water texture. And ATI doesn't seem to have the will to fix it.

What about with the steve's dx10 fixer?