Would You Buy Payware From These Guys?

Eeeerm ... No John I wouldn't. As you rightly pointed out, they don't seem to know whether they are coming or going!!  

I had a look at their website. I always get suspicious when I see "risk free"and "guarantee policy" being banded about. Genuine sites don't major on that sort of thing.   

No, I will not buy more stuff from FSD and not just because of the flipped over colors.

FSD is famous for lousy costumer service and problematic AC. Especially in non english forums you could find many angry costumers. They had big problems with foreign costumers and were directly agressive and patronising.

Personally, I FS2004, I bought a few AC and had trouble with some. When contacting FSD, I either got no response or or negative response, so, of course, I stopped buying from them and I´m far from being the only one. To me, it looks like they are are a dying specie and maybe its because of bad service and troublesome AC. They send out newsletters with special sale every 2 weeks. I have unsubscibed but I still receive the newsletter.

I know that some of my problems with FSD AC, was computer related and me knot knowing, but I didn´t get any help. And other problems were clearly on their side. With one of their twins it says in the manual that its VERY important that you load the tutorial flight first in order to make the AC working correctly. But when you load the tutorial flight it starts with the default Cessna (which they say its important that it doesnt happen like that) The reason for that is that the tutorial flight uses a repaint that is not part of the download and doesnt exist anywhere else (as far as I know) When I wrote them what to do with that,.... no response. In the end I got the AC working, but it was my last FSD purchase. 

Finally, many or their AC are FS2002 based and have been ported over, adapted and reworked first to work in FS9 and later to work in FSX.

I've actually had a couple of bad experiences with these guys, way back in my FS9 days, about two computers ago - not horrible, but not exactly warm and fuzzy either.

John

I had a bad experience with them too. When I say bad, not that bad  just rudeness really.

I was getting repeated emails from them, despite hitting unsubscribe. So I emailed them. The guy that responded to my emails was very rude.

Had a couple of their add-ons. Wasn't impressed at all with the quality.

No bad customer service isssues here...i never tried to contact them regarding AC issues.. but I have a few of their models...too many actually, and I don't use any of them anymore.

Their Piper Twins worked ok, but got replaced by better looking twins by other manufacturers...Their P38 isn't horrible, but there are def better models available elsewhere. The YF23 never did work, the cockpit instruments...could never get them to turn on...probably me...but, I threw up hands in disgust with it and it lives with other ghost town planes in the Payware FSD folder.

Their little KFCS Sportstar is actually a nice little plane, and probably the only one I'd consider using, for a lark.

Bottom line...old poor looking models that i'm surprised are still being offered for sale when they are such bottom of the bucket products compared to other payware AC manufacturers.

And ya, their spam is like high tides...they hit my email at least twice a week.

Sub-Bottom line. As a former graphic artist, i suspected this "reversed light" issue was a Advert Department SNAFU...yep...someone making the advertizement arbitrarily decided that the airplane looked better going left to right, and reversed the image of an aircraft going from right  to left.

The actual model apparently has the lights on the correct side...but...buy the Carenado version...it's sweeeettttt.

C115Gray1.jpg

Allardjd, forums are like that and FSD has prepared the ground for themselves. If you read german and Spanish flightsim forums in the FS2004 days, you could find many hate posters. 

In comparision, this has been a very educated and relaxed version. 

Even though I have unsubscribed their newsletter a long time ago (more than once), I continue to get spam from them.

Apart from the email trying to get me to buy every week, which I haven't tried to stop, I haven't had any problems with them. Most recent problem of installing the Pilatus Porter was solved by downloading the latest installer.

Very sad to hear that a company which has a separate web page for a Mission Statement highlighting It's commitment to respecting its customers, is falling short in following it. One lousy customer experience can kill a company reputation very swiftly in today's social media happy environment.

• Like 1

I purchased the Piper Cheyenne from FSD many years ago. I can't remember which version of FS it was for, but it must have been well over a decade ago because I remember it had a "VFR panel" option like Flight Unlimited 3 (and I was using the latter much more than any version of FS at the time). However, I wasn't all that impressed with the flight dynamics (compared to the lovely planes in Flight Unlimited 3), so I asked them about it. The response I got was basically "if you don't like it, then purchase elsewhere".

I never forgot that response, and I have not purchased anything else from FSD to this day.