Hi. My name is Bert and I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I use windows 7 ,with the Matrox triplehead2go,3 Monitor system and no matter what I try I cannot zoom out further than .30 making it impossible to see the panels in the virtual cockpit. I have tried everything I have found on the net to no avail. Can anyone please help me in simple,easy to follow instructions ,allowing me to once again enjoy my flight sim. I have tried changing the wide screen aspect from false to true and back again with no results. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Bert

Hi Bert, welcome to the forums here. :)

If the zoom has worked in the past but doesn't work now, try renaming your fsx.CFG file, found in your User/Appdata folder, to something like fsx.CFG.bak and then starting FSX. A new cfg file will be generated, essentially fixing it.

• Like 1

Welcome to Mutleys Bert.

As I recall I don't think it's possible to zoom out further than the 0.3 zoom level in FSX, so your best bet is to adjust your viewpoint as Joe said. 

Or splash out some cash on EzDoc to get the freedom of defining all camera positions as you want them..

• Like 1

Hi Bert and welcome to Mutley's, you have reached the best Flight Sim forum in the world - no question about that.

I can confirm the the minimum zoom in FSX is 0.3 so the only way to achieve what you want is to move your eye point.

You can do this either by doing as Mutely states or buying a tool to do it for you. Personally I would recommend the purchase of a tool as once the pilot view is setup is how you want it then it is saved and you don't have to re-do it for every flight. You can tailor the setup for each aircraft as well.

The other nice thing about using a tool is that you can set up a co-pilots position, and providing the aircraft has the interior detail other crew or passenger positions. They have provision for making outside camera positions and even fixed ground cameras. The tools have other nice extras in them as well which I will leave you to find out about yourself.

There are two main add-ons to manage viewpoints. EZDOK (as mentioned by Mikael above) and OpusFSX. The latter will give you live weather as well.

I have used both of these tools, starting with EZDOK and then moving to Opus FSX.  I am now back to EZDOK, but only because I have invested in a better weather generation program.

Personally I found OpusFSX easier to use than EZDOK, but would say that the latter seems to be the most popular. I found EZDOK a bit fiddly as you had to remember to run a tool after any new ad-on was installed. If you didn't do this then the view results could be very strange. OpusFSX doesn't have that problem.  Having said that the latest beta version of EZDOK seems to have overcome this and it is no longer necessary to fiddle about with tools. This version is the one i am using at the moment and I am fairly satisfied with it.

Hope this helps.

JG.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your help, it is greatly appreciated. However maybe I did not explain my problem correctly, so I will try to explain. The cockpit views ,outside views etc are perfect when using one monitor but when I try to stretch the picture across my three monitors everything comes too close making flying nearly impossible. I am using the Matrox triplehead2go with three 24 inch monitors. Once again many thanks for your very welcome replies and any other help you can give me will be appreciated. Kind regards. Bert.

It sounds like by "stretching" your window to fit the three screens the vertical is stretching up and below as well.

With my asus monitors...dual...I have to create an extended Single Monitor out of the two screens before I can fsx on both.

Also check that you have the line that enables WideView added to the fax.cfg...not at home atm...someone here will give the actual text momentarily I'm sure...Thanks.

Then run it in Windowed mode at the resolution of your triple width setup...if the above applies to your system.

If you were running it in full screen before then that might be your problem.  You must run it in windowed mode with the window stretched to cover the 3 screens.

• Like 1

Hi Bert

Welcome to the Hangar !

I use Triple Head to go with 3 x 32" plus a 4th monitor for my GPS, and I have had the same problem before.

I have kept records of all the changes I have made to my PC(s) over the years with FSX, settings etc. and having looked back on my notes, the 'Wide Aspect' was the thing that was causing the issue for me.. It should definitely be set to TRUE. I run it in Full screen mode rather than windowed.

Have you recently changed something on your system ? added anything new? The other thing that may help is if  you are running both 'Matrox Power desk-SE' and 'SGU'  There are settings in both of these programs that I have set up as well as the 'display' set up in Windows. Both programs can be easily downloaded from  the Matrox website.

Firstly, make a note of what your current settings are in GXM, SGU and Windows so that if it doesn't work, you can go back to where you started!

Everyone's settings will be slightly different, but these are mine.. starting with Windows Display, then GXM to the right, and then SGU at the bottom.  There aren't many settings in SGU to choose from and when it picks up FSX, it should be obvious which one it needs to use.

[Edit: in Windows, my 3 main screens are set up as 'Screen 1' and my 4th monitor which is plugged into my other Graphics card slot, is 'screen 2'}

After that, make sure that you have Wide aspect set to TRUE in your .cfg then boot up FSX, Hit ALT to get the menus at the top and then go for Full Screen

Hopefully this will help... please keep us updated on your progress! :-)

Display%20settings%20WIN%20amp%20GXM_zps

Matrox%20SGU%203840x1024_zpsbpp5bhjm.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Steph. Many thanks for your reply to my problem and I look forward to following to the letter the advice given by you. I will certainty come back to you when I change my system as per your instructions. As I said the problem is that I cannot push my seat back,or the panels forward far enough to see the cockpit as I did when using one screen only.. Once again ,many thanks. Bert.

Hi Bert, welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

I bet you are close to tearing your hair out with this problem hey!

This is going to sound like I'm talking to you like a child but, have you tried sitting in the cockpit and pressing the backspace key then using the -/+ keys to zoom in and out?

Like I said, you have probably used this method already, so I apologise but it's worth a shot.

Cheers

Brian

Hi Steph, I followed your instructions to the letter and after weeks of heartache ,imagine my delight when finally my screens reverted back to normal. Thank you and to all the members who took time to help me with my problem,now happily solved. Ps one thing I found myself by accident was that when I changed the config file from false to true I was doing this with the fsx running, so if any one is experiencing this problem then follow Stephs guide for a sure fired solution. Kind regards and again many thanks. Bert.

• Like 1

Hi Bert

Im so glad you got everything sorted out, and that I was able to help. Its a really frustrating problem but thankfully an easy solution to implement.

Always a good idea to keep a record of the TH2G settings for your particular set up just in case you have to start ffom fresh..can save a lot of time ( something I never seem to have enough of !) ;)

Happy flying !

Steph

• Like 2