Using FTime gauge in VC?

We have been asked if the FTime gauge will work in the VC.

The short answer is no, it's not designed to, it's for 2D panels. Of course most of the newer 3rd party payware do not have and 2D panels.

However, it does work to a fashion, take the default DC-3, I have added the gauge in the panel.cfg under the [VCockpit01] section gauge59=Digital!FTime, 42, 380.

And it looks like this, you get 2 timers showing.

vc.jpg~original

I expect it's not quite so easy in complex aircraft.

You could just manually time the legs and multiply the seconds by 1.66 i.e a flight time of 32.48 would become 32.80 in decimal seconds, it's only fractions of a minute, I should be so lucky to get that close!

Hope this helps.

You could just manually time the legs and multiply the seconds by 0.6 i.e a flight time of 32.48 would become 42.80 in hex, it's only fractions of a minute, I should be so lucky to get that close!

Hope this helps.

eeehhhh, maybe I´m stupid but this doesnt make sense to me. 

Do you mean multiply the seconds by 1.666? so that 32.48 would become 32.80?

I cant get the Ftime to work in the VC of the C402, but it has built in timer, so I´m going to multiply my seconds.

I think your calculations are correct Anders.  

The simple calculation of 1min 30 seconds into decimal would be 0.30 * 1.666 =  0.4998 

Round this up and it becomes 0.5 then add the one whole minute and you have 1.5 mins. We all know that 30 seconds is half a minute.