ATTENTION Fellow Airmen: With the unfortunate news of the German Wings crash on the 24th of March it is with sad regret that I share the following news with you:

The FS2Crew Team is in official mourning over the loss of fellow FS2Crew Team member, Maik Korolczuk, who died tragically in the recent German Wings crash in France.

Maik recently finished commercial pilot training and was working as cabin crew on board the ill fated flight.

Maik was very active with FS2Crew.

He was the European (German) First Officer voice for the PMDG 777 and Majestic Dash 8 versions of FS2Crew. He was also an active beta tester for both products.

Next time you're flying with FS2Crew 777 or Dash 8 and you're using the European voice set, please take a moment to think of Maik.

We the Majestic Software Team will be keeping his family and all others affected by this tragedy in our prayers, May his eternal SOUL Rest In Peace.

Turns out Maik was murdered by the co-pilot in his actions to deliberately crash the aircraft.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin says the co-pilot, Andreas Lubitz, 28, was alone at the controls of the Germanwings flight and "intentionally" sent the plane into the doomed descent.

That is very harsh news for his and all relatives of the victims who lost their lives 

So amazing how a distant tragedy directly involving 150 poor souls, hundreds or thousands of miles away can eventually impact so many families, friends or colleagues in so many corners of the World.

When I first heard of this crash, it never crossed my mind that somone from my home town (Hull) would have been onboard.

R.I.P Maik Korolczuk & his fellow passengers - commisserations to their families.

Ray.

As this is not the first time this has happened in the last few years i think cockpit door security must now be reviewed, it would appear sadly that we have more nutters in the cockpit than those trying to gain access to it.

Door or no door, if the guy in one of the pilot seats is intent on crashing the plane, he can and it is unlikely that it can be prevented.  The only preventive measures that will work are somehow keeping people who want to do that out of the seats in the first place.  

John