Announcing Section 3 of ATWC SiX - Bidding Closed

Time to get the next section of the ATWC going (before John gets his bacon in the slammer once again :whis: )....

Section 3 is made up of 10 flights taking us through China, the Philippines, the islands of South east Asia, a brief stint in Australia and finally ends up on in what's called the West New Britain Province just north east of the main island of Papua New Guinea.

As you can see from the table below we have no restrictions on any of the flights in the section, so your choice of airplanes is up to what the assigned pilot deems fit to fly it in.

Section3_Briefing_version.JPG

The bidding window for section 3 will open on Friday April 17th at 22:00 UTC. 

As usual only bids sent to atwc@mutleyshangar.com will be considered when assigning flights, and pilots that didn't take part in section 2 will have priority in the assignment process. 

Remember that you can include more than one leg in your bid, just in case someone gets a bid for that perfect flight you were planning in before you in the bidding process. 

I'll keep you posted in this topic as the flights starts to get handed out to pilots, and the full departure board will be posted once all flights are assigned.

Safe skies, and keep the blue side up.

Micke

An update to the bidding so far.

Over the weekend I've gotten 4 bids for section three, and have assigned those pilots to flights, but still need another 5-6 pilots to fill in the blanks (I'll take one in the end, but will give the rest of you a chance to pick your flights first.

Assignments so far:

Leg 21: Unassigned

Leg 22: Dai

Leg 23: Unassigned

Leg 24: Pete White

Leg 25: John Guest

Leg 26: Unassigned

Leg 27: Matt Gardner

Leg 28: Unassigned

Leg 29: Unassigned

Leg 30: Unassigned

So get your bids in!

Cheers

Micke

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang.

Apologies for dropping the ball on this, IRL commitments at work and at home have been conspiring to but a dent in my schedule. But let's try to get the ball rolling again.

After my last update I've received one more bid, from Kieran for leg 30, so he's added to the list of assigned flights below. As stated earlier I'll pick up one flight, and I have no preference.

Brian Cowell also offered to pick up a leg, but I can't seem to find that message at the moment. Brian could you please post in this topic, or e-mail me regarding the legs you can handle with your 747 ;)

If no other bids have come in by the end of the weekend I'll assign multiple flights to the pilots I've received bid from based on the current bids (with the option to also assign leg 26 or 28 to Matt based on his post above).

Cheers for now

Micke

Assignments so far: 

Leg 21: Unassigned

Leg 23: Unassigned

Leg 26: Unassigned

Leg 28: Unassigned

Leg 29: Unassigned

Leg 30: Kieran Marshall

Hi Micke!

Of the ones still available, only 23 and 26 have long enough runways (and TBH 26 would definitely be pushing the boundaries at WAMM  :unsure:  ).

So please put me down for 23 (Kunming to Macao).   :)

(I might be able to manage 26 as well, but it would really be done better in a smaller aircraft if you do have any other volunteers.... Otherwise, well, I'll give it my best shot).    :P

Hmm... OK, so if I were to do 23 and 26, and Matt does 27 and 28, and you choose from 21 or 29, then there's only one gap left?     ^_^

Cheers,

B.

Micke, at the moment I can't commit to any flights until at least mid June so I will be a spectator for this one and on stand by when I get back off vacation.  :hat:

OK Gang, that's the roster filled

Leg 21: Mikael Stockfors

Leg 23: Brian Cowell

Leg 26: Kieran Marshall

Leg 28: Matt Gardner

Leg 29: John Guest

Leg 30: Kieran Marshall

I'll sort the departure board and publish it later on today..