Hi Guys (and Gals if your reading :),

I'm wondering if someone can offer some advice. My PC is quite modern i5 quad core 3.1, 8 gab DDR3, Nvidia GeForce 750 GTX OC Storm graphics card running windows 7 ultimate 64bit OS.

Now I have been running fsx gold edition (has accelerator in it) and am constantly getting fatal crashes when changing views from VC To panels, VC to outside etc. I only have the initial game in at the moment and have installed FSX then run it up for a few seconds, rebooted PC. Installed accelerator (which installs sp2) run it up in a flight for a few seconds, reboot PC. Then I'll start a free flight once I've set my I game graphics to my monitor res 1920 x 1080 - 22" hd monitor.. Have a quick look around outside then go into the Virtual cockpit. I can happily open pop up panels without it crashing (FMS, GPS etc) but as soon as I go from an in cockpit view to another then back - it crashes to desktop with no error message.im now on my 2 or 3rd clean install in case it's an installation issue.

I haven't even installed my fusipc, Air hauler or another other non standard aircraft. I've tried numerous clean installs to non program file directories (I.e d:/FSX or d:/Flight Sim Deluxe). It's just the basic game.

I'd let to get this sorted as I want to get some virtual airline flights done plus have a look at one of the legs for the ATWS tour.

If I get no where with advice that's given I think I'm happy to go back to windows xp as I'm sure I had less problems with that than I'm getting on windows 7. But that is my last ditch hope.

I can also afford a 1TB external hard drive at the end of the month will this help if only fsx and its addons are on this?

There is a program (I forget the name) that you run before launching a troublesome program and it will grab the crash error for you so you can look at it and go from there,....does anyone know what it's called?

Apologies for some many questions and thank you for all replies

Best wishes Glenn

There is a program (I forget the name) that you run before launching a troublesome program and it will grab the crash error for you so you can look at it and go from there,....does anyone know what it's called?

Not sure if this is what you are referring to but found it in the Windows Help files...

"Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information about significant events (for example, programs that don't start as expected or updates that are downloaded automatically) on your computer. Event Viewer can be helpful when troubleshooting problems and errors with Windows and other programs. For more information about Event Viewer, see What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?

Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation."

John

Like chris says your problem lies almost certainly with the wrong uiautomationcore.dll the correct one can be found here on mutleys   http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/category/12-flightsim/

just copy it and install it in the fsx root folder overwriting the original

however do yourself a favour and use dx10  with the dx10 fixer prog the moment you do you will have far fewer issues.

do not go back to xp win 7 is far superior

It sounds like the issues I have had lately when I installed a new Nvidia graphs card.

Try shutting down the graphics card services from the icons in the bottom right hand side of your windows home screen (they will probably be shown as a green square icon).

Do this before you start FSX and see how you get on.  If you have no joy then I guess you will have to look elsewhere.

J

I installed my old FSX (sp2 dx9) a month ago. In the start, everything was nice, but lately I have run into numerous crash to desktop (CTD)

I have tried various UIautomationcore.dll versions including the one from here without any kind of changes done. I still get CTD.

In my case, it doesnt happen when using the menus, but more often when clicking the controller. (mouse on of, pan, etc) and it may happen all by itself with me just watching the screen saying fatal error.

So its not a question of simply dropping the dll file in the fsx folder. 

My relationship with FSX has always been VERY bad. When it came out, my PC wasnt ready and performance was horrible and ugly, so I went back to FS9. When I got a better pc, I installed FSX again with the result of CTD, OOM etc. the usual stuff, so I went back to FS9 and after a while I stopped simming. problematic software, tweaking etc takes away my time and energy. I loose inmersion and stop simming.

When I came back, I started with FS9 (my fsx had disappeared in a move) and decided to try P3D and I´m currently using P3D2.4. So a month ago I found my old FSX and installed it on its own Hdd and here we go again. 

I have a feeling that in my case its not worth it. FSX has simply left a very bad impression in the back of my mind and I doubt that it will ever change.

Well thanks to the superb advice here I found the correct UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL for win 7 64bit, installed it in my fax folder and wooohooo! I've just managed 2 flights in the lovely Flight1 BN-2 Islander from Bembridge to Old Sarum without a single crash.

Using the lovely old KLN 90A GPS unit was a dream and I was constantly swapping windows between the virtual cockpit and the autopilot window.. I must of changed the view at least 20-30 times and not 1 single crash. Thank you all.

Time to find some other "Old Quirky Birds" as I have a passion for old twin engine turbo props like the islander.. Any other good planes that work in FSX that anyone can recommend!?

Thank you all once again..I can fly!!!!!!

Best wishes Glenn

• Like 3

Hi Glenn, I love the Islander, if you like twinprops  Flight Replica's DH114 Heron is a beaut, not a turboprop and not as visually good (graphics wise) as the Islander. The Dash 8-Q400 is in a different class altogether, fairly complex but so rewarding. Just Flight are about to release a Fokker F27.

Hi hifly,

Yes I bought the Majestic dash 8 pilot edition last week but I've said to myself that I'm not going to install it until I'm a little more familiar with FSX and flight rules so I can really enjoy it. The Just Flight Fokker F27 looks superb as I saw Flightsimcapt481's excellent pre release video... Wow she is a beauty and definitely on my Have To Buy list :).. I'll check out the Heron thanks for the tip.

Izojub : thank you for that link I'll have a look this evening and see what they offer.

BritFrog : I couldn't agree more.. Even the wife commented on how nice the Islander sounds! (That's man speak for I have permission to turn the sound up louder :) ).Might even have a go at trying a paint job for it.

Even the wife commented on how nice the Islander sounds! 

...but it's not a turboprop - pistons.  

Welcome aboard here and happy you're finding worthwhile things in this great hobby of ours.  

John

Glenn I am 50% deaf in the left ear and i hold the islander to blame for it, :) the only planes that were louder were the avro York and Lancastrian but their engine sound was nicer, not as harsh.

BritFrog, I will always remember a Lancaster bomber as last year we had one fly over for the annual Bournemouth Beach Air Festival.

It must of took off from Bournemouth International (EGHH - about 10 mins away from me) and i remember thinking what the heck was that rumbling earlier in the morning. We often hear engine run ups etc first thing as Flight Refueling have a hangar on the airport were they service engines.. then on the day around lunchtime there was this almighty noise getting louder and louder and louder. Having never heard a bomber fly before i didn't have a clue what it was. Then a moment later a beautiful Lancaster Bomber appeared over the roof of next door about 100ft above it and the noise was massive.

I would of hated to of been german during the war and hearing a squadron of these bad boys flying over.. Very Scary. loudest thing i've ever heard !!!! and i've had the red arrows fly 50ft over our old house... the Lancaster would of wiped them over the floor noise wise..

Best wishes Glenn

Nitro.

Its good to see that you are back in skies again and that it was a relatively simple trick that did it.

I think I got my problem fixed as well, so just a short sum up:

Yesterday I had a CDT (fatal error) in P3D. Just like the continuous ones I´ve had the last week in FSX but absolutely new in P3D. So I started thinking a bit and came to the conclusion that it wasnt an FS problem, so, since most of the crashes were related to using the buttons on my Saitek yoke, I decided to reinstall the drivers and I could fly without any CTD again. A very simple solution and hopefully it will last :cool: .

I did 2 short flights in FSX with a relatively complex AC (pmdg J41), changing viewponts, mouse on-off etc. all the time, and no problem at all. (I have the UIautomationcore.dll file from here in the FSX root folder as well, just in case.)

Finally. I agree, The Flight1 BN2 has such a nice sound and it gives a lot to the inmersion. Other devellopers could learn a lot from that.

And since you are asking for nice twin props (not turboprops), the freeware DC3 from Manfred Jahn is very nice if dont have it already. There a several extra freeware addons to the AC incl. an awesome soundpackage and the old bird really flies very well.

Besides that, I like the Flysimware C402, which I got in a sale for 15 yankee dollares. It doesnt look as flashy as other devellopers work in that class, but I just prefer flying it and its the only twin-piston low-wing retractable gear AC that I fly. 

The RealAir Simulations Beechcraft Duke B60 (Version 2) is a great twin piston engine aircraft, and they also sell an impressive Turbine Duke (with twin Pratt & Whitney PT6A turboprops). RealAir Simulations are the cream of the crop as far as quality and accuracy are concerned.