for all techies in the hangar

give it a go; what’s the worst that could happen... it doesn’t work?

your computer will survive if he doesn’t like the mix

i think the driver won’t work though; it’s not properly mapped to work through another device with different input/output mapping

though there's no precedence to what you’re looking to do; technically you could do it if you really wanted to

There is no need to use it through the yoke if the throttle has a USB connection.

Plug the USB into you computer and select the throttle in the settings tab inside FSX..

I may be the least technically capable person responding, so take this with a grain of salt...

I think it might work if you plug both devices into separate USB ports on the computer or through an independent hub.

I know Saitek devices have a port for piggy-backing other Saitek devices through them and I'd avoid that. I don't know if that port is a simple pass-through hub or if what's coming into it is subject to some internal Saitek signal-processing before going to the computer. Maybe it is just a pass-through, but I'd simplify by not trying to use that port.

It's a different vendor, different drivers, and a different situation, but I have a CH yoke with the little levers on the top. I also have a CH 6-lever quadrant. In the FSX controller menu I un-assign the yoke levers and assign the ones on the 6-lever quadrant to throttle, prop and mixture axes and it works just fine. It doesn't sound that much different from what you're trying to do except that your devices are more complex than the ones I'm using.

I may be completely misunderstanding what you're trying to do but it seems to me that if you un-assign the axis you don't want to use and assign the one you do, all should be fine.

John

Patrick,

I have been using the Saitek X52 Pro stick & Saitek Pro Yoke together for a few weeks without problems.

The FSX control configuration recognised the yoke allowing its buttons to be assigned to various functions when the yoke is selected, despite the previous older assignments on the existing X52. I have two Saitek throttle quadrants & Saitek switch/annunciator box (with gear up/down lever/gear status lights) attached via USB also.

Once stick & yoke are setup, either can be used at will or even together (if you are ambidextrous) without any further action via the PC or FSX. Switch/button assignments can be duplicated on both the yoke  & stick.

Just don't put too many devices on one USB port - this is to not overload the port's 5-volt supply.

Cheers,

Ray.

• Like 1